Poly bushing Audi A2

celsisone

Has anyone changed the bushes on Audi A2 to poly bushes.

cant seem to find a bush for the front of the wishbone for my car.

It has the early units with the ball joint built in and the bush is bigger that the 30mm bush listed.

Another option is to get bushes from someone who makes them. I got all custom bushes for my Audi 80 (wishbone, halfframe and large rear axle ones), costs 35EUR for a pair. Guy makes them on a lathe. Lasts really long too.

Here's the picture of rear ones for 80...

IMG-20180616-WA0003.jpeg

Last edited:
Another option is to get bushes from someone who makes them. I got all custom bushes for my Audi 80 (wishbone, halfframe and large rear axle ones), costs 35EUR for a pair. Guy makes them on a lathe. Lasts really long too.

Here's the picture of rear ones for 80...

View attachment 40623
Had custom bushes made for my B5 S4 .

In the description for the A2 part, it has the following comment (my italics) referring to a 45mm bush option used in some of the other VAG cars of that generation. Is this the one you're looking for - or something else again?

Another thought just came to mind - didn't the contemporary polo / Lupo use similar pressed arms to the A2 - would the parts diagrams for those be possible sources of 6N part numbers for the equivalent?

PFF85-201
If fitting on Audi TT MK1, S3 and A3 MK1 and Seat Leon & Cupra MK1 it fits earlier models with a 30mm diameter. It fits both the pressed and cast arms on the Leon & Cupra MK1 and A3 MK1 2WD. Please check original bush size. Later cars may use a larger 45mm bush PFF3-501

The bushes I have are 30mm but the arms require a 35mm bush . See images ?

Attachments

• 113D02C3-6846-42EF-9D6B-50AEBF886C40.jpeg
    113D02C3-6846-42EF-9D6B-50AEBF886C40.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 357
  • F05C421F-787B-46E2-87BD-CF0B987F50C1.jpeg
    F05C421F-787B-46E2-87BD-CF0B987F50C1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 362
  • 2B298443-5C33-40E4-A911-AD2223CDB791.jpeg
    2B298443-5C33-40E4-A911-AD2223CDB791.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 342
Have an Audi 80 Cabrio that’s poly bushed all round and seriously thinking of changing it back to rubber bushes. On a track I’m sure they are great. And I have ragged it round backroads and love it but... Day to day they are s**t. Crashy ride, I’m dubious about the handling benefits and they help exaggerate all the worst characteristics of the car - such as the scuttle shake. The longevity is all they have going for them. Until I had to replace the ARBs because they started knocking after a couple of years. No longer a fan. Maybe a sign I’m getting old! ?

I had poly bushes on my old Mk1 Golf and they were horrible - crashy, squeaky and just generally not suited for road use.

I had poly bushes on my old Mk1 Golf and they were horrible - crashy, squeaky and just generally not suited for road use.
Every speed bump is cringeworthy.

Also worth noting is that some of the springyness in suspension comes from the rubber so essentially you are making your suspension softer..... Controversial!

They also appear to cost 5x as much as rubber - or is that just the ones I’m looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorted the bush now, it is a 36mm OD bush thats is 32 long and including the over hang its 42mm.

T|urns out that this the same size as one of the front bushes on Honda S2000.

Same opinion, I had these on my 1st MGF and it made the handling more ackward, tricky.

Well I opted for custom bushes for durability. As I drive about 30000km in a year, It's frustrating to change bushes twice a year. These custom ones my friend drives for 3+years with similar mileage no problem. Also roads in Latvia is mostly crap, so that's why normal ones goes to dust very quickly

Stumbled across this website by PSB who make and sell poly bushes - note bush is dependent on whether cast or steel wishbones (arms).
£21 a pair.

Not used these myself but good to see companies still offering A2 parts.

Hi
I remember doing this to my mk1 golf many years ago. If memory serves me the suspension mod was greatly improved but do not use poly bushes on engine, gearbox mountings. I tried this and it was terrible, too much vibration in cabin and that was from a petrol engine!

Hi
I remember doing this to my mk1 golf many years ago. If memory serves me the suspension mod was greatly improved but do not use poly bushes on engine, gearbox mountings. I tried this and it was terrible, too much vibration in cabin and that was from a petrol engine!

Agreed.

i polybushed a Passat. Dont do it. Hard ride and no give. Was a good idea at the time!

Back