Possible faulty brake cylinder

Gunnel

Started the car, while pressing the brake pedal and turning the key the pedal gave away and went to the floor. Had to drive home carefully with limited braking capacity. There was some fluid missing. Filled it up and tried braking. The pedal goes to the bottom with a swooshing sound. Can not see any leakage. I'm thinking it's the brake cylinder. Does anyone have any insights? I would really appreciate it.

Started the car, while pressing the brake pedal and turning the key the pedal gave away and went to the floor. Had to drive home carefully with limited braking capacity. There was some fluid missing. Filled it up and tried braking. The pedal goes to the bottom with a swooshing sound. Can not see any leakage. I'm thinking it's the brake cylinder. Does anyone have any insights? I would really appreciate it.
Look for a wet brake/fluid on wheel

I'm surprised you haven't got more replies.
There has to be lot of fluid somewhere, take the bottom engine cover off and probably you'll see it sitting there, so wear eye cover. Check wheel areas, especially around brake lines, also take hood off and check clutch bleeding nipple. Seals can be damaged as well, or if still no fluid marks anywhere and you got rear drum breakes, take rear wheel and brake hub off, might be a heavily leaking slave cylinder and you can't see fluid, because it's being held by the brake hub.

Back