Possible power steering fluid in clutch slave cylinder!!!

dgc1965

Hi folks, two weeks ago I did my rear brakes (drums) replaced everything except back plates and had to install new pipes as well (2001 1.4 TDI 175k on clock and has had a tough life but it is now going to be cared for).

Bled the brakes and then accidentally over pressurised my Eezibleed (RIP) so clutch has been spongy/woolly for last two weeks until I got a new bleed system from Sealey. I started to bleed clutch today and when I did so the fluid coming out is green like power steering fluid. Does anyone know if there are components within the slave cylinder/clutch hydraulics which cause the brake fluid to go like this, e.g because it has lots of water in it?

The brake fluid I removed when bleeding rear and front was not this colour.

Before I bleed more of this out keen to get your views on here.

Clutches are often ignored when bleeding, so I would imagine that it's just the fluid going off colour.
For perspective, recently did the clutch fluid on my TTS, 13 years old, at 75000 and the fluid was quite literally black, I don't think it had ever been bled through. However, the fluid in the brakes was not too bad.

We had a new clutch in our car a few months after we bought it,A few times the clutch wouldn’t disengage!Or pedal wouldn’t come up as smooth as it should.I didn’t do anything about it as it happened when I drove it so rarely .The wife broke down in it a few weeks ago Clutch had gone again!Another new clutch but got the garage to fit new slave cylinder!Clutch feels a lot better.I reckon clutch cylinder was sticking!From service records it appears to be original one so 70 k miles and 20 years old☹️

I bled the brakes in one of our cars and it was also green!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back