Preserving Soft Touch Trim

We have a late model A2 with low milage and immaculate soft touch switches and panels and would like to keep them looking good for as long as possible.
Short of not touching the buttons, has anybody got any top tips for keeping the white scratches and rub marks at bay? Or should I just accept the inevitable, the car is to be used after all.
Thanks

We have a late model A2 with low milage and immaculate soft touch switches and panels and would like to keep them looking good for as long as possible.
Short of not touching the buttons, has anybody got any top tips for keeping the white scratches and rub marks at bay? Or should I just accept the inevitable, the car is to be used after all.
Thanks

My radio has 0 marks at 190k for the climate I swear hand cream etc is the killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Put the climate on Auto, I rarely touch mine.

2. Do not prod buttons, finger nails act like sharp wood chisels. Press with the soft skin on the opposit side to the finger nail.

Andy

I have another older car (not Audi) where the soft touch turns to sticky gum. [Luckily in that case it can be removed with the transparent white lettering intact but leaving shine 'hard touch' effect.] I have read that hand cream is the culprit as Edwrai believes. My theory is that sun cream on hands is another contender as the cause.

On the buttons I use most often (e.g. recirculate the air) I overlaid so called invisible sellotape. Sure it can be seen but better that worn buttons. No idea if it will come off without damage.

TBH the soft touch is going to wear, just how quickly is the question. The only way to stop it wearing is to remove it and replace with hard touch wherever possible. Be aware though that even removed and stored correctly soft touch will degrade over time. Recent example is the forward storage trays from Audi Tradition. Although brand new the soft touch is peeling in places.

Back