Price for 03 1.4tdi

c&c

I dont need a car after next month so selling my A2, its got 115k miles and new MOT, but a few scratches on the bumper etc so not mint, but drives well.
Im going to put it in the marketplace forum, wanted to ask opinion on price. I was thinking £1200 (it was bought for £1400 a year ago from dealer), do people think thats about right price?

Attachments

• IMG_20191111_095216.jpg
    IMG_20191111_095216.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 147
In order to make a fair assessment more details will be required.

1) Service history
2) Options fitted over standard

It looks like an 03 plate.

Have a look at some of the other cars on sale and this will give you an idea of what value to place on your car against similar age/mileage/spec/history, also run your car through WeBuyAnyCar or EvansHalshaw (usually gives a better price) to determine what a trade value would be. Then it is a case of pricing the car to sell according to your desire to move it along. If you desire to move it quickly and care less about the outright price then go lower than others and reverse.

Hope that helps a bit.

GLWTS.

yes its an 03, not panoramic roof, some service history but not in recent years. I really need to sell by 23rd Nov when insurance runs out, so I guess open to offers

There is a good example in Jeremy's car @sciroccorrado, I think that his is similar mileage age with some paint damage (but nothing major - akin to yours). His car has been around for about a week, so has not shifted immediately, but Jeremy will find the right buyer. I think that in your shoes I would put it on at £999 (it is the trigger point for a lot of car searches e.g <£1000) and put that out on Autotrader and Gumtree, you can also offer it here at a similar price and see how you get on. Realistically I think this is where you are heading price wise. People will ALWAYS ask for "When was the cambelt and water pump changed" Anything less than 4 years ago and you should be ok, anything more and people will factor this into the cost of the car. Anything over and above standard servicing you should mention explicitly (new brakes discs/pads, new tyres, new exhaust/suspension) all give confidence that the car has been looked after and bills that are not a decent percentage of the purchase price are not coming immediately. It would also be a good idea to review the cars MOT history on www.totalcarcheck.co.uk (you need to register but it's free) as people will often look there to see what sort of a life the car has had and if it has failed on stupid things or has had more serious neglect.

Again hope that helps, but the more details you can provide the better. I've posted a few for sales in my time also which you will get a flavour for the amount of detail that helps confirm what someone is buying esp if coming a distance.

thanks for your informative post. Cant MOT histories be checked anyway on the Gov site?

Glad to help!

They can but the www.TotalCarCheck.co.uk gives a much nicer view of the material along with some other pertinent information on the same page. It is my go-to site for car info for that reason. Definitely worth a look.

Just a quick note to say that this valuation thread has been approved by the Admin team. Crucially, the OP already had a price in mind and was more looking for confirmation than an outright 'what's it worth'. The responses posted were also very helpful - thank you @mrbroons ?

Back