Project Exclusive

mrbroons

This is the earliest Imola Yellow petrol Audi A2 in the UK AFAIK. It is an Audi Exclusive colour and was first registered by Autohaus Bartels in Hude (Lower Saxony ) for its first owner in Erskine on the 28th of May 2002.

Audi Exclusive colours on the A2 were circa £1500 and were a costly option for such a small car, therefore are relatively rare. Unlike the A2 Colour Storm that arrived in a variety of colours including this Imola Yellow, this was not a standard colour at the time and pre-dates the Colour Storm by around a year.

Unfortunately this once lovely A2 has had a little front end nudge and this has resulted in some broken parts, unrecorded I think that this car deserves some love and to hopefully be returned to service for a new owner in the near future.

Watch the journey as I try to restore this rare A2 and learn some new tricks on the way.

hi i enjoyed watching little yellow front end been taking off, doe`snt seem to be much damage, what kind of wheels are on it they look good,cheers jon

Hi. Thanks Jon.

The front crumple leg on the ns is damaged which is unfortunate but thankfully it’s a bolt off/on job, the slam panel was badly kinked as were the bumper bars.

So really bumper, bonnet, slam, wing bumper mount, ns headlight and bumper bars should do it.

Then onto the interior and a little spritzing followed by fixing a blowing exhaust and then see where we go from there.

The plan is to get into a decent state with an MOT and sell on. It will be a lovely thing for someone once MOTd and they can fettle and upgrade etc. Just couldn’t see it being cut up, which is what I saved it from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks Jon.

The front crumple leg on the ns is damaged which is unfortunate but thankfully it’s a bolt off/on job, the slam panel was badly linked as were the bumper bars.

So really bumper, bonnet, slam, wing bumper mount, ns headlight and bumper bars should do it.

Then onto the interior and a little spritzing followed by fixing a blowing exhaust and then see where we go from there.

The plan is to get into a decent state with an MOT and sell on. It will be a lovely thing for someone once MOTd and they can fettle and upgrade etc. Just couldn’t see it being cut up, which is what I saved it from.

Forgot to say. This is a not for profit rebuild. Just get my money back

Thank you!

It's a 1.4 base with OSS and no AC but exclusive paint!. So not super high spec at all, but does have OSS and is a AUA so none of the BBY tappet problems.

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks Jon.

The front crumple leg on the ns is damaged which is unfortunate but thankfully it’s a bolt off/on job, the slam panel was badly kinked as were the bumper bars.

Sorry totally forgot the obvious thing!! It will need a new wiper!

@A2Steve kindly sent me one on earlier this week so it will have a great condition aero arm and wiper on it soon too!

James.

I know you are keen to get hold of a Papaya James but they are almost common compared to an all imola yellow A2! Aren’t you tempted to keep it?

I know you are keen to get hold of a Papaya James but they are almost common compared to an all imola yellow A2! Aren’t you tempted to keep it?

I'll be honest, I would really love to keep it (as there are no AUA Papaya) but I just have too many A2's at present and I need to focus on the other projects. As you know this one just came out of the blue, I wasn't looking for it, it found me (thank you sir!) so it's a little distraction from my other projects but it actually helps knowing it has to leave me at some point. Lets see how it goes, never say never eh!! but I would love it to find another life somewhere where it can be loved, for me it would be car number 6 and it would likely only get used to get to it's MOT! ;-)

You never know.. What are other peoples thoughts?

Hi. Thanks Jon.

I do hope that it is the leg only that is damaged, I thought that on the blue one that had front drivers side impact, it turned out that the leg was fine, no movement at all but the piece its bolted to was bent and the weld had snapped.

Yes, I've checked, the front of the crumple zone on the detachable bar has taken all the impact, obviously I'll check further as I go on, but all looks to be fine at present. You can see the damage at the end of the Part 2 video at around 3:12 if you freeze frame. The NS crumple zone is pushed back.

Ahh, so it's been pushed over to the right as we look at it, mine was pushed to the right but on the off side but I could not even see by how much until I started measuring things and it was almost on inch to the right

I'll be honest, I would really love to keep it (as there are no AUA Papaya) but I just have too many A2's at present and I need to focus on the other projects. As you know this one just came out of the blue, I wasn't looking for it, it found me (thank you sir!) so it's a little distraction from my other projects but it actually helps knowing it has to leave me at some point. Lets see how it goes, never say never eh!! but I would love it to find another life somewhere where it can be loved, for me it would be car number 6 and it would likely only get used to get to it's MOT! ;-)

You never know.. What are other peoples thoughts?

I really like bright coloured A2’s, not particularly because of the colour, but because they are very handy to have when leading a social drive. Your Papaya was great for that, I could see it 20 cars back ?

Back