Project Flipper

ICowie

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Project Flipper.

A dolphin grey BHC Sport with black & grey leather/alcantara interior. My plan is build a stealth look S2 in the same way Audi would've but with my own slight twist on it. It needs a few jobs done to make right, mainly a clutch but has the basis to be a really nice car.

Watch this space!

Today I got project Flipper off to a start by painting both the chrome on front grill, the rear badge gloss black and fitted number plate surrounds. I've ordered fly eye tint for the headlights so that'll be next weekends job ?

Last edited:
I'm trying to go for a stealth look with this one, I'm planning on getting a nice set of grey wheels and do the caliper etc in a burnt orange colour :):):)

I'm trying to go for a stealth look with this one, I'm planning on getting a nice set of grey wheels and do the caliper etc in a burnt orange colour :):):)
Yes now that sounds good maybe yellow brake callipers though? They seem to go well with dolphin grey ?

I did think about yellow for a start but it's been done so many times, I thought Porsche racing orange would go really well with the grey

I did think about yellow for a start but it's been done so many times, I thought Porsche racing orange would go really well with the grey
Yes at the end of the day It doesn’t matter if you don’t like it as you can just sand it down for 5 mins and paint over again in different coulor ?

Unfortunately there is a very fine line when it comes to the A2 between sympathetic improvements and the boy racer Saxo look. The A2 IS a classic so be careful not to go over the edge with mods. So avoid the silly tinted windows, the black bumpers and mirrors and keep the wheel colour within VAG colour range for wheels. So pink, orange or white wheels are out...;)

Don't worry my boy racer days are long gone ? My plan is to go for a dechromed look with a dark grey set of wheels. My initial thought was to go for the original 9 spoke sport alloys but after having a look I'm hedging towards a set of 17" BBS. As for the orange it'll be done in a subtle way, I like to buy custom bits and customise them so I know nobody else will have the same thing. I've bought black S badges for front and rear and black S logos for the sides my plan is to change the original Audi red on them to a dull burnt orange with the calipers matching so it all ties in. I think the drums would be too much so they'll just get a nice coat of gloss black. I've also got a Votex to be fitted at some point but there's more important jobs to be done first (Clutch) :eek::eek::eek:

Everything I've done so far is off my breaker so you can sleep at night knowing it can go back to factory spec at the blink of an eye ???

Last edited:
U-Pol plastic primer and Gloss black, time will tell how they hold up but they came up really well and look the part just now. You can buy black badges but I had a spare grill and the paint sitting so thought why not give it a go.

U-Pol plastic primer and Gloss black, time will tell how they hold up but they came up really well and look the part just now. You can buy black badges but I had a spare grill and the paint sitting so thought why not give it a go.

Cool, some people use plasti dip for this and you can peel it off later...

So you are using gloss black not matt black?

Yes, I thought the gloss would go better with the black plastic grill rather than a matt or satin finish

Maybe a bit premature but today I fitted Flipper with a nice set of genuine Audi heated mirrors. I'll need to wait a few months to see if they work :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's a tough one, I like the idea but in that picture there is a lot going on, red on the tail light, yellow on the number plate, body colour, chrome strip (considered painting/plasti-dipping this black by the way?)

I wonder if it would look a little less busy if it picked up on a colour that's already there?

Back