Project LX5 ‘Lexus’

A2on18's

So this is my 3rd purchase A2 from @Rusty911 and hopefully the keeper.

Purchased with a known power steering issue which is hopefully being addressed by a visit to a local friendly Audi dealer on Saturday afternoon

b053eb1b4e0734e8b7507175238d92cb.jpg

It’s a 54 plate 1.6 FSI with circa 80k on the clock, immaculate body work, a real full pack of documented history, OSS which I thought was working but unfortunately isn’t now, first open and it twisted so managed to get it closed and will work on a repair at a later date. It has Bose too which is good. Would love to sort leather in the future but the standard sports seats are in excellent condition.

Today hoping to fit the Bluetooth I bought from @PlasticMac and am test fitting the wheels I bought from @A2Steve yesterday

4b520503192094e334f98fb3f2c2a41b.jpg

Car is literally off the jack so not settled yet but really like the new wheels. Need to sort tyres for when I get this on the road.

Cambelt and water pump ready to go on thanks to @simon martyn

Need to take the Votex kit off the ‘03 car and get it sprayed for this car along with a parking sensor bumper I have.

Lots of plans but this will be a local daily car so want to get it back on the road ASAP and hopefully sell at least one of the others I have accumulated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Seems a good plan to transfer the votex kit over, given the issues you are having with the black one. Although with those wheels and a set of coilovers the car could look good with the votex kit left in black?

Seems a good plan to transfer the votex kit over, given the issues you are having with the black one. Although with those wheels and a set of coilovers the car could look good with the votex kit left in black?

Quite possibly! The kit needs a respray either way so will consider your suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent, so the power steering is now sorted? Was it just coding in the end?

Coding was fine, it appears the pump that someone paid nearly £900 to be supplied and fitted in November 2019 was at fault. Car has covered less than 2k since then.

Used a pump out of one of the others ?? Drives perfectly now with no fault codes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 147
21FA2D06-A00A-4D8F-BFE2-BBF9C03114A5.jpeg
C0329243-061E-453A-915D-598742C6A18E.jpeg
So today I took a trip to meet @Kleynie and let him work wonders on my OSS, and I wasn’t disappointed!

Very pleased to have it working, just need to sort out the roof lining now as when I removed at the weekend it all dropped as was being held together by the roof lights!

Thanks Adam ????

Sorry for the lack of updates on my build thread, no excuses and Tom (@2work) has just prompted me!

I’m pleased to say that the project has been coming along nicely, the FSI is running as it should after diagnosing the fault as the flap position sensor. It’s running with a Proboost ECU so hopefully the other FSI gremlins will remain at bay ?

We’ve now dropped the rear (still have the front to do), it’s running on TT 18’s with 10mm spacers at the rear (may remove these as slight rubbing under load).

A1167B9D-B040-402F-B108-18117E30AE09.jpeg

590E4725-F243-4C2D-9742-AB6038A7FD37.jpeg

I’ve also had the roof refurbished by @Kleynie which I’m very happy with.

The headlights have been upgraded using Osram LED dipped beam along with others, although LED indicators cause fault code ?

Rear badges have been changed to black

Got quite an interior project to commence in the next week or so, to include

- recoloured headlining
- recoloured A & C pillars
- recoloured Sunvisors
- Double Din Dash conversion
- Under handbrake tray
- RNSE
- OEM Bluetooth
- Multi Media Adapter
- Rear View Camera
- Dash Cam
- Auto Dipping Rear View Mirror
- Cruise Contol
- Komfortblinker
- Footwell Lighting

Once interior done a few exterior jobs to be completed

- Both CV Boots
- Full Machine Polish
- Ceramic Coating
- Treat Lower Plastics
- Front Lowering Springs

Other things I’m considering are

- Custom Exhaust
- Top Body Wrap Gloss Black
- Wheel Swap

I’ll update here again soon as things progress!

TT Pedals and A2OC Footrest

40483645-6903-48FD-99E7-BCB0E859D408.jpeg

Excuse the untidiness, started stripping the interior when I remembered to take a pic

Great work Steve,

Really impressive. It is great to see others unafraid of a dashboard swap. Totally achievable and I’m sure you’ll agree it’s very satisfying once complete.

The GPS puck antenna on top of your RNS-E is best placed underneath the cluster binnacle near the forward most cluster bolt, secured with some 3M UHB tape.

Looking forward to the full write up and cannot wait to see what you do next.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back