Information Project Shed

sciroccorrado

A2OC Donor
I thought I would put up a quick starter post about Project Shed. Mainly in the first instance to quash rumours that the car was bought to be broken.

Although I am selling both the wheels and the mudflaps from the car, I in no way anticipate breaking the car in its current state as I purchased it to use as a "spare" A2 to use when one of the others is "off the road" having maintenance (gearbox and brakes anticipated for Baby Boomer).

Strangely the car is surprisingly driveable, and has the softest ride of any A2 that I've driven (not certain why at the moment).

I'll post some pictures in the near future once I've managed to take some due to the rain and darkness around at the moment.

Well, you know I said I wasn't going to break Shed ... Turns out that a previous owner (I'm not naming names, but seems he was known on the forum) decided that a a 5-seater car was required, so rather than buy a 5-seater car with the correct mountings, would just cut some holes in the floor of the car so that a bench would drop into it... not secure in it, just drop in it.

There is also a strong solvent smell in the cabin that I just can't shift.
When following me in the car last week Ian noticed that the car is crabbing quite badly too.

Which is a shame really, as it drives quite nicely.

I will be using it in "Van Mode" only for trips to the tip etc.

Just goes to show that someones "good intentions" if not done correctly can become someone else's nightmares. In this case why not make it into a permanent 2 seater van. Partition behind front seats, liner on floor and blacked out or wrapped rear windows. Just an idea. You never know Tom may want one like that for his retrofit duties.

Reactions: RZX
Back