QT Wheels Plastic Inserts

Au2ro

I was just about to put on my QT wheels with Summer tyres on but I realised I was missing one of the plastic inserts/washers/spacers. I have not had them on since just after getting them refurbished in 2019 and I do remember one being rather broken up while the remaining ones are split and I can't find the broken bits I remember.
Before I put the wheels on I need to know if these are essential or if I can just do without them. If I can't do without them what should I look for to replace them?

Attachments

• QTPlastic inserts.jpg
    QTPlastic inserts.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 136
They are essential otherwise the wheel bolts will be the only thing holding the weight of the car rather than the hubs.

They are called spigot rings and are a few quid on eBay.

You need to measure the side of the outside hole accurately, the inside measurement will be 57.1mm.

So you will be looking for ??mm to 57.1mm spigot rings.

67 is what I get from my measurement with my caliper gauge - I don't think that am proficient enough to get it more exact than that.
It looks like I need 67.1mm to 57.1mm then as that is the closest match to what I can find on eBay.

Attachments

• SpigotRingMeasurement.jpg
    SpigotRingMeasurement.jpg
    925 KB · Views: 102
67 is what I get from my measurement with my caliper gauge - I don't think that am proficient enough to get it more exact than that.
It looks like I need 67.1mm to 57.1mm then as that is the closest match to what I can find on eBay.
From what I can see on the vernier that’s the correct reading.

Thanks, that's them ordered fro eBay 4.99 for four, I hope that I get them by the weekend as I do need to use the car next week. There's only so much I can do remotely from home when I support PCs that are being replaced that have peripherals with specific drivers to install, sometimes you just need to be there to ensure that they are working OK.

Oh well, I did not get the spigot rings before the weekend, I got them today.
I now realise that my wheels are already damaged by the split rings, as the new spigot rings cannot easily be fitted into the wheels.
I should have realised this by taking a closer look the the first image in this post, I now see the damage where the alloy is cracked around the bolt holes.
I reckon at some time a garage was having trouble fitting the wheels after fitting tyres and may have cut the rings intentionally?

I would have thought that when I got the wheels refurbished they would have spotted this and told me rather than just taking my money.

I don't suppose that this will be reparable?

Back