Question: Reading oil level with VCDS

John L

A2OC Donor
It has been mentioned several times before that VCDS can display a value for the oil level.
Some values were given for the correct level for a 1.4tdi (if I remember well)...

Does anyone have a definitive list for the correct oil levels according to VCDS for the other engine options?

I particularly want the correct values for the 1.2tdi but I think having all the values in a single thread could be beneficial!

If I recall it shows the oil level in mm???

Can anyone help?

John

Thanks Spike!

On rereading Bret highlights that "that's the bit that depends on your engine and there weren't any clear statements."
So it appears that the minimum and the current levels will be shown but the optimum ranges are not supplied.

I ask as I am a bit paranoid about the catalytic converter and do not want to overfill the oil and have found the dip stick somewhat tricky to read.
I am never quite sure where exactly the current oil level is on the dip stick and have found that the top end of the dip stick pops out of its holder now and then.

I have had the oil level warning come on when the start/stop engaged at the bottom of a hill and am becoming worried that the oil level must be towards the minimum.

John

Back