Question: width of front seats, SE vs SPORT

TYP 8Z

Anyone can help me? I am trying to establish if the width of the central panels are the same in SE and sport front seats.
Thanks so much in advance guys!

A2 seats.jpg

Interesting Andy how looks can be deceptive. The sports look narrower possibly due to the higher side bolsters.

Measured between the seams towards the end of the protruding section as per the pictures:

Leather sports = 328mm
Cloth SE = 335mm
Leather SE = 350mm

Measurements confirmed identical on both seats of each pair.
Both leather measurements could be slightly short as the seams were set a little further down the sides of the protrusion than on the cloth ones

The one that surprises me is the leather SE. I wonder if they changed the width of the seat foam later in the production run - the cloth ones are from an early-ish car ('51 I think), the leather ones are definitely from a '53.

Thank you @Andrew and @Proghound, really appreciated! I found a Sport leather cushion cover in excellent shape: I might buy it as a spare for my SE leather seat. If the central panels are the same width, as it seems, a good leather trimmer would be able to adjust the bolsters to fit the SE.
Thanks again guys, you are the best ?

Now and again I try to draw a car: you know, classic 3/4 front-on view.

It's amazing how small you have to draw the rear wheels and how close they are to the front.

Your instinct is to draw the front of the car miles too narrow and the rear wheels much too big / too far away.

Now I know this and understand it ... I still can't draw cars :D

Back