Radiator fan

Paulchef

I everyone. just would like to no why my fan kicks in when the radiator is not warm or hot . and bottom hose cold .just had the car 4 weeks ago thank you all

Possibly a coolant temperature sensor fault so the car is putting the fan on as a safety.

Need to get it scanned.

Thank you for reply .is that the one at the front of engine next to thermostat or at back .the one in front is green I think .thanks

I everyone. just would like to no why my fan kicks in when the radiator is not warm or hot . and bottom hose cold .just had the car 4 weeks ago thank you all
Hi Paul,
Have you got A/C & is it switched on
ie auto if so try switching it to econ & see if it stops?
Hth
Keith

Thank you for reply .is that the one at the front of engine next to thermostat or at back .the one in front is green I think .thanks
Welcome by the way, and yes no point hypothesising a scan is needed.

FYI the thermostat and coolant sensor are both at the back and not easy to see or replace. I suspect you are looking at the camshaft sensor and thermostat housing not thermostat. If you are DIY and the coolant sensor needs replacing I can post a link to help if required.

Andy

Welcome by the way, and yes no point hypothesising a scan is needed.

FYI the thermostat and coolant sensor are both at the back and not easy to see or replace. I suspect you are looking at the camshaft sensor and thermostat housing not thermostat. If you are DIY and the coolant sensor needs replacing I can post a link to help if required.

Andy
If you can think you .

The workshop guide.

Alternatively an in-house guide from Sarge, here.

Andy

Back