Rear Battery compartment and accessories full of water

Richard_S

As the title says, the whole compartment in the boot of the car under the carpet panel is (was) full to the brim with water. Thankfully this had not reached the battery terminals, but it has taken me some time with a sponge to get it all out.

Anyone have this issue and can point me in the right direction as to what might have caused it?....Obvs rain water ingress, but weirdly the boot carpet is completely dry, where as all the sections underneath were full of water. I'm almost tempted to put a waste pipe in there....

As the title says, the whole compartment in the boot of the car under the carpet panel is (was) full to the brim with water. Thankfully this had not reached the battery terminals, but it has taken me some time with a sponge to get it all out.

Anyone have this issue and can point me in the right direction as to what might have caused it?....Obvs rain water ingress, but weirdly the boot carpet is completely dry, where as all the sections underneath were full of water. I'm almost tempted to put a waste pipe in there....
Rear flap vents are a common problem area behind the rear bumper.
Hth
Keith

Bumper removed (that was fun), vents replaced with new from Crewe Audi - these arrived less than 24hrs after I ordered them - now let's see how we get on with the fish tank.

Back