Rear Cup holder bracket

depronman

A2OC Donor
Hi,
Doea anyone know if these (8Z0 864 080) are still available new, or does anyone have one that they are willing to sell or loan me for a few days so that I can CAD it up and 3D print one

I recently acquired a brand new rear cup holder in Soul but its came without any fixings.
I have the CAD models for the front brackets and the CAD model for the rear clips, but I don't have the CAD model for the rear bracket. I know several years ago the rear bracket was available from the main dealers, hence I didn't bother CAD modeling it, but unable to check with them at the moment and suspect that it may well also be an obsolete part now
I have found one on Italy ebay at £16 which is fine, but the postage is £13 on top so getting quite expensive.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi,
Doea anyone know if these (8Z0 864 080) are still available new, or does anyone have one that they are willing to sell or loan me for a few days so that I can CAD it up and 3D print one

I recently acquired a brand new rear cup holder in Soul but its came without any fixings.
I have the CAD models for the front brackets and the CAD model for the rear clips, but I don't have the CAD model for the rear bracket. I know several years ago the rear bracket was available from the main dealers, hence I didn't bother CAD modeling it, but unable to check with them at the moment and suspect that it may well also be an obsolete part now
I have found one on Italy ebay at £16 which is fine, but the postage is £13 on top so getting quite expensive.

Cheers,
Paul
Give Tom a ring at Crewe Audi, I know he was due to start back last Monday.

Andy

I was just going to offer to lend you mine but Ed beat me to it, sounds like that would work better but let me know if it falls through.

The bracket is made from a hard, light material and is not very thick. It's also quite a size compared to say the wiper arm covers, and a complicated shape, especially with the springy tangs underneath to hold the clips in place. I don't know what the capabilites of your printed plastics are like but I can imagine it being quite a challenge to produce something that would be strong enough.

With the original being so tough, fitting easily inside a 200mm x 150mm jiffy bag and the package still weighing under 100g even including the clips, I'm thinking you might be able to persuade the Italian seller to post it more cheaply?

I can lend you mine, need to post you some things anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be excellent. I will not need it for long a few days at the most
Thank you very much
If it works out then this will also be another part added to the collection of printable parts and further protect our community from obsolescence

Cheers. Paul

Ok so I have a bracket coming to me on loan and if that fails I’ll contact crew Audi to see if still available new and the Italian eBay one is also still an option
Thanks all
I love it when a plan comes together and even better when there is a backup plan and a backup to the backup plan
(God I’ve been working at BAE far too long could get a carrier move into project management with this level of planning )

Cheers. Paul

Ok so I have a bracket coming to me on loan and if that fails I’ll contact crew Audi to see if still available new and the Italian eBay one is also still an option
Thanks all
I love it when a plan comes together and even better when there is a backup plan and a backup to the backup plan
(God I’ve been working at BAE far too long could get a carrier move into project management with this level of planning )

Cheers. Paul

I’ll send it today with the other bits I need to send also!

Hi,
Does anyone know if these (8Z0 864 080) are still available?
I recently acquired a brand new rear cup holder in Soul

Lucky you ??

Saw this old post the other day...... how things (and prices) have changed!

The cars used to command a premium and cost a lot, now you can buy them (or some of them) for very little.

The parts used to be cheap, now they command a premium and sell for almost as much as some cars! ??

I'll take 10 of each colour please! ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200525-104734.png
    Screenshot_20200525-104734.png
    248.6 KB · Views: 196
Lucky you

Saw this old post the other day...... how things (and prices) have changed!

The cars used to command a premium and cost a lot, now you can buy them (or some of them) for very little.

The parts used to be cheap, now they command a premium and sell for almost as much as some cars!

I'll take 10 of each colour please!

Owe so true.
To think rear cup holders are now selling for more than I paid for my A2 tdi a few years ago
Granted it was cheap as last owner needed it gone in a rush but the point still stands

Sure we will be having this same conversation in 10 years time remembering when you could buy a decent A2 for a grand and a breaker for a couple of hundred. And then thinking that A2’s were broken for parts

Paul

Last edited:
Back