rear dogbone mount.

georgem

does anyone know if the rear dogbone mount from the 9n polo 1.4 tdi fits the A2. both febi and corteca list the mount for the polo model but not for the A2. the febi mount is around the £30 mark, so a saving over what the audi stealer wants.

finally got round to fitting the new mount. i got the mount for the polo, identical to the old one i removed bar the bracket to connect to the gearbox. used old bracket took minutes to fit and all is well again. cost £24

Just about to tackle this myself. Is there any trick to it or simply off with the engine undercowl loosen both ends and the A2 specific bracket, fit to back to new part and refit to car? Does the engine need stabilised as part of this process at all?

Last edited:
Just about to tackle this myself. Is there any trick to it or simply off with the engine undercowl loosen both ends and the A2 specific bracket, fit to bravo to new part and refit to car? Does the engine need stabilised as part of this process at all?

Yes mate, straightforward 17mm bolt if I remember correctly hmmm or possibly 16mm.

Torque setting on re-fit are 50Nm on the gearbox bolts and 40Nm + 90degrees on the sub-frame bolt.

No need to support the engine. You can wiggle it with your hand if the bolt holes don't line up. Finger tighten everything first and when things are aligned properly commense with the final tightening torque.

If you haven't already ordered the Polo dogbone it might be worth going for a Fabia one instead. I replaced mine last year with a Polo dogbone which looked identical to the original one, but it broke after 7-8 months or so. Next I ordered one for a Fabia, I think the brand was Febi if I remember correctly, and when it arrived it looked much beefier both in the heads and and the beam. And since fitting that one the car feels like new with no vibration or shaking on take off, or any engine movement on deceleration. Same procedure for fitting and reusing the old bracket.

Alex.

Unfortunately I went with the Polo part as it was discussed in the thread, I'll give it a go and if needed replace again as required. Nevermind.

What a doddle that was! Took me longer to take the undercowl off than it did to change the dogbone, 3 bolts and a bit of wiggling. Easy enough to do if you have some ramps or stands, some light and a torque wrench. My only concern is that unlike has been stated before there was no (other) bracket that I had to remove and refit onto the part it was simply the same part to all intents and purposes. In addition I found that there were multiple bolt holes on the gearbox side and the ones that I took it out of were not the ones that it fitted back into again, I trust this is as normal and not an issue, the car is still on the ramps as present as I couldn't face putting the cowling back on tonight so I can still adjust if someone can tell me what if anything may be wrong.

IMG_5666.JPG

What a doddle that was! Took me longer to take the undercowl off than it did to change the dogbone, 3 bolts and a bit of wiggling. Easy enough to do if you have some ramps or stands, some light and a torque wrench. My only concern is that unlike has been stated before there was no (other) bracket that I had to remove and refit onto the part it was simply the same part to all intents and purposes. In addition I found that there were multiple bolt holes on the gearbox side and the ones that I took it out of were not the ones that it fitted back into again, I trust this is as normal and not an issue, the car is still on the ramps as present as I couldn't face putting the cowling back on tonight so I can still adjust if someone can tell me what if anything may be wrong.

View attachment 25002

It looks like yours has already been changed at some point in the past for a polo one and the person didn't change the bracket. If you look at my page here, it shows the difference in the two, original A2 one on the left. It's the three pointed bracket end that needs changing over.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?26739-My-A2-journey-(A2Steve)/page2

I see the difference now. The VW part is very different at the gearbox end. Is the part maybe different for petrol cars than diesel?

If you haven't already ordered the Polo dogbone it might be worth going for a Fabia one instead. I replaced mine last year with a Polo dogbone which looked identical to the original one, but it broke after 7-8 months or so. Next I ordered one for a Fabia, I think the brand was Febi if I remember correctly, and when it arrived it looked much beefier both in the heads and and the beam. And since fitting that one the car feels like new with no vibration or shaking on take off, or any engine movement on deceleration. Same procedure for fitting and reusing the old bracket.

Alex.
Thanks!
I did a search for Skoda Fabia I 2000-2007 1.4 TDI and it looks the dogbone part is FEBI 108779.
Capture.PNG

Hello all,
I think my rear dogbone mount needs replacing. What is the collective wisdom on the replacement part now that the original oem part is unavailable? I've read the posts relating to this and there are so many choices quoted:

"Part number dogbone (Polo) 6Q0 199 851AK £25.29 + vat

eBay - Febi Bilstein 31124, there are lots at around £25 delivered.

FEBI 108779 seem to be the beefier Fabia TDI dogbone.

6Q0199851AR for £49.00 inc delivery

It is TDI version from polo. 6Q0 199 851 AQ (Febi 31113).

Or possibly FEBI 108779, which is the dogbone for Skoda Fabia I 2000-2007 1.4 TDI. I see the OEN numbers are almost identical.

6Q0-199-851-BD Skoda"

Thank You

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I've only ever used the Polo 9N TDI version. I can't help with the part number sorry. It did the job though.

I've only ever used the Polo 9N TDI version. I can't help with the part number sorry. It did the job though.
Thanks Steve that's good to hear.

Reviewing the historical posts on this forum, the part numbers quoted for the polo 9N are 6Q0 199 851AK
and 6Q0 199 851AR. I don't know what the difference is between the two though. Can anyone shed further light on this please?

Thanks Steve that's good to hear.

Reviewing the historical posts on this forum, the part numbers quoted for the polo 9N are 6Q0 199 851AK
and 6Q0 199 851AR. I don't know what the difference is between the two though. Can anyone shed further light on this please?

Hi All,

Update on this:

Dogbone mount:
Audi A2 ATL part number is 8Z0 199851AA.

Called TPS quoting part 6Q0 199851AA (Polo mark 4, 9N) and according to their database they had 6Q0 199851AP at £52 incl. VAT. The AP part is a later iteration/revision of the AA dogbone.

As other helpful folk on this forum have mentioned, just remove the bracket from the polo 9N dogbone mount and replace with the bracket from the A2 dogbone before fitment.

Back