Rear seat query

Tom

Good evening all,

Just been looking at A2s on eBay. There’s a grey 1.4 se advertised with a starting bid of £1000 in Peterborough. It appears from the photos that the car has got three rear seatbelts yet also has a split folding rear seat. With my modest knowledge of A2s I didn’t think this combination was possible? I’m sure some helpful person will copy the link in and answer the question as to how this combination can be possible.

Apologies in advance if I’ve got it wrong.

Tom

I didn’t think that you could get the three seater with a split folding rear seat as appears to be the case in this model advertised on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening all,

Just been looking at A2s on eBay. There’s a grey 1.4 se advertised with a starting bid of £1000 in Peterborough. It appears from the photos that the car has got three rear seatbelts yet also has a split folding rear seat. With my modest knowledge of A2s I didn’t think this combination was possible? I’m sure some helpful person will copy the link in and answer the question as to how this combination can be possible.

Apologies in advance if I’ve got it wrong.

Tom
Evening Tom,

I’ve just found it on eBay and the pictures of the rear seats are not from an A2.

Study the pictures and you should quickly come to the same conclusion.

You’re right in thinking that Audi never produced an option of split rear seats with 3 seating positions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Many thanks Tom for your reply. Good old eBay don’t you just love it...

Very best

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tom and Tom, I agree the pictures of the rear of this car are definitely not A2. Door cards, rigid parcel shelf and bottle holder aft of front seats. Could be a genuine mistake but you would have to make further inquiries.
Perhaps it should be posted up as a spot the non A2 part competition.

Clearly not standard A2 rear seats - the cloth pattern on the rear is different from the front. I'd be concerned that there's a safety issue here.

Afternoon Trevor,

If you study the pictures of the rear of the car:
A7AE91A3-D93E-4CA4-9544-AB0EEF632C28.jpeg

You should quickly come to the conclusion that the seller has got their pictures mixed up, the above picture (borrowed from the eBay listing in question) is not an A2 interior.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back