Recommend tool for front wheel bearing ,

Morning A2 fans

As our beloved cars rack up more miles , and become , to some worth less , the cost of the repairs can weigh heavily on the wallet ...

So , to start the ball rolling , and please forgive me if this is already happening...

I need to purchase the tool for the removal and re-installation of the front wheel bearing . This tool , I would be happy to loan out , for a small charge and deposit, plus the post and packing costs for the membership of the A2OC once I have used it .

So , any thoughts on the tool , or the level of demand

Cost wise ... again what’s the groups thoughts for “loaning “ the tool out ?

Regards Mark

Where are you ? When our A2 needed a Front Wheel Bearing we took it to Westgate Tyres Morcambe. They found they did not have the type of Puller Needed, so they bought one straight away, on the grounds that they would need it again, even though it cost them more to buy the Puller than the cost of the new Bearing / Hub plus Labour.

Old thread on wheel bearing tool / installation may be of interest -

Cheers Spike

Here's what you need, or the equivalent:

Note that the 1.2 requires the 62mm equivalent.

RAB

Where are you ? When our A2 needed a Front Wheel Bearing we took it to Westgate Tyres Morcambe. They found they did not have the type of Puller Needed, so they bought one straight away, on the grounds that they would need it again, even though it cost them more to buy the Puller than the cost of the new Bearing / Hub plus Labour.

I live about 5 minutes from Westgate Tyres and own the tool! ?

Old thread on wheel bearing tool / installation may be of interest -

Cheers Spike
Thanks , this works will be for the 312mm brake upgrade , using new polo hubs and bearing etc , will read tonight over a beer ...

Ok folks

Given the low cost of the tool , it’s now winging its way to me via carrier pigeon

Happy to loan out the tool , once I have used it , for information, I am based in DE12 , South Derbyshire and could post it if required

Regards mark

I just noticed that the ring on my old wheel hub / bearing is missing on the new one. I'm not sure of its task?

And 2:49 into the SKF video it states:
1591004197051.png

I think I skip that. Any comments?

1591003901970.jpeg

1591003901234.png

That's what locks the bearing in place, so you need it.

Better with it.

RAB
I have bought new wheel bearing to all wheels and there is no ring on any bearing. I have bought the correct parts from SKF.

Funny, thats how i recall it too from the front wheel bearing job i did on our 2007 Fabia.

Back