Redex diesel additive?

Nigel245

A2OC Donor
Before I put this in my tank for the first time has anyone had any problems or any reasons why it shouldn't be used in Audi Tdi's?
I've used it in most Diesels I've owned to help keep the injectors clean etc but the A2 is special to me and I don't want to add anything that might do it any harm:)

Redex Diesel Fuel system cleaner

Nigel i've only ever used fuel system cleaners on my petrol cars with no ill effects. Haven't felt the need to use them in my TDI thus far but that could be down to me using Shell V power almost all the time. For peace of mind you my consider that route? There's also a thread on here where people are moaning about the effects of fuel system cleaners, i think in that case it was millers. I think afterwards people lost MPG and gained a tiny bit of power? http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13250&highlight=millers
it's a pretty good read bout additives.

Last edited:
I thought Redex was an additive to clean the engine where as Millers is a performance additive?

Millers is both. With the type of driving I now do i tend not to bother with additives and use V power/Ultimate every now and again. Been using Vpower the last 3 tanks partly because at the garage i use at the moment it is 'only' 5p litre more than normal diesel. In so doing the cars' economy has improved steadily from 57-58 ish to 61+ and the last tank was 63mpg!

In so doing the cars' economy has improved steadily from 57-58 ish to 61+ and the last tank was 63mpg!

It's been getting warmer recently so the improvement in MPG is likely to (mostly) be related to temperature?

Someone did a test with vpower for quite a few months & if I recall correctly they thought it was worth about 1mpg. In the end they went back to standard diesel.

That is true however on that basis my mpg has improved from 53-ish when the weather was very cold. I would not normally expect more than 10% difference beteween summer and winter mpg figures.

Mikemars

From personal experince no study can tell me my car doesn't do better mpg on Vpower than it does on standard. Not trying to convert anybody (what have i got to gain? shell don't pay my light bill) so by all means you stick with standard but for me the diffrence in mpg is tangible.

Last edited:
Back