Remove boot lid interior

Stowey

Hi guy. How do I remove the inside boot lid away from the main boot body (the bit in the picture)?

Attachments

• A4D2AE5A-DE33-4C65-8A3E-EAD234AFCC4A.jpeg
    A4D2AE5A-DE33-4C65-8A3E-EAD234AFCC4A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 182
Clips are mega strong - if you have one of those plastic tools put them in the gap between the bootlid and the trim to get a gap before starting to pry down.

Yep, pretty much so. If you have a plastic tool, the wider the better to avoid damaging the edge of the trim. I found I could prise it far enough at one corner to get my fingers underneath. Then hold the boot up with one hand while pulling hard with the other. Beware, I have seen these with the plastic handle broken where people have presumably tried to remove the panel by pulling on that.

Hi guy. How do I remove the inside boot lid away from the main boot body (the bit in the picture)?
I have just changed my number plate lights so have had to remove this panel. I can send some photos of the clips that you have to overcome in order to get the panel off, it may give you a better idea of what you are up against. Don't try and lever it off as you have nothing to lever against and the panel has a thin edge. Just get your fingers in and work from one corner

Got it off. Can anyone tell me what this cable is?

Attachments

• BBDC0766-F126-4301-B057-05314EB99DBD.jpeg
    BBDC0766-F126-4301-B057-05314EB99DBD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 183
Got it off. Can anyone tell me what this cable is?
Difficult to say for sure but I suspect it is the outside conduit for the emergency release cable. The cable should be threaded through it, like a normal bicycle brake cable. Look at the picture in the link I sent posted a couple of posts back.

Andy

Hi,
I have the opposite problem. My boot lid interior keeps on falling off. Some of the plastic holders for the metal clips are broken and some metal clips are missing so it is only held up by 3, see pics.
Any suggestions please??
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6086.JPG
    IMG_6086.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_6087.JPG
    IMG_6087.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
Hi,
I have the opposite problem. My boot lid interior keeps on falling off. Some of the plastic holders for the metal clips are broken and some metal clips are missing so it is only held up by 3, see pics.
Any suggestions please??
Thanks
Sounds like time for a replacement trim piece. Although your seats aren't Soul black, it looks like the rest of your interior is, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one in the right colour. One of the breakers on here might be able to help you - @A2Steve, @Clackers, @sciroccorrado what have you got?

Sounds like time for a replacement trim piece. Although your seats aren't Soul black, it looks like the rest of your interior is, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one in the right colour. One of the breakers on here might be able to help you - @A2Steve, @Clackers, @sciroccorrado what have you got?
Thanks, not sure about the colour and attach a pic from the interior if that helps

Attachments

• IMG_6151.JPG
    IMG_6151.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 157
Back