Remove interior door handles

sailesh

A2OC Donor
I’m trying to remove the door handles from my front door cards, however after releasing the tabs at the front of the handles, they don’t seem to release from the interior side as one of the mouldings is too large and has no flex.

Can anyone offer a tip please? If this was a Crystal Maze challenge I would have failed already.. :(

49481e898d57703eb8a16fd3dba9c582.jpg

91493ecc861651009c07aeffd99cf1d0.jpg

Ignore the above - now solved! For anyone in the same predicament, apply palm pressure downwards as shown in the below picture, such that the handle can escape from below the bridging piece as circled.

182ccf143fbffd2da34dfd3da8d37b52.jpg

Did you know that you can even change parts of those door handles, too? I was able to replace matt aluminium finish pulls with high-polish chrome pulls.

David

Did you know that you can even change parts of those door handles, too? I was able to replace matt aluminium finish pulls with high-polish chrome pulls.

David

Nice. Is that a different type of chrome to the hard-touch era A2’s? I think the aluminium pack which later became standard may have been an option with the earlier cars.

Back