Removing Sport seats wiring loom

Swalsey

Afternoon all,

I’ve just removed the sport seats from my old car to put them into the replacement (SE). Does anybody know if it’s possible to remove the wiring for the lumbar and airbags to carry over to the SE, and how to do so please?

Thanks,

Antony

Afternoon all,

I’ve just removed the sport seats from my old car to put them into the replacement (SE). Does anybody know if it’s possible to remove the wiring for the lumbar and airbags to carry over to the SE, and how to do so please?

Thanks,

Antony
I am not exactly clear what you are asking.

I would expect the existing SE air bag connector coming from under the carpet simply inserts into the sports seat air bag connector under the seat, (compare connector in both cars first), but REMEMBER to disconnect the battery some time before you connect.

That leaves the lumbar connection which I assume is what your question is really about. My answer to that depends on what you plan doing with the sports A2, is it a breaker or being sold on, or are you keeping it to run?

Andy

I am not exactly clear what you are asking.

I would expect the existing SE air bag connector coming from under the carpet simply inserts into the sports seat air bag connector under the seat, (compare connector in both cars first), but REMEMBER to disconnect the battery some time before you connect.

That leaves the lumbar connection which I assume is what your question is really about. My answer to that depends on what you plan doing with the sports A2, is it a breaker or being sold on, or are you keeping it to run?

Andy
Thanks for the reply - I’m breaking the Sport and want to take the seats and loom for the lumbar into the SE :) Everything is already disconnected!

Thanks for the reply - I’m breaking the Sport and want to take the seats and loom for the lumbar into the SE :) Everything is already disconnected!
I have just read your other thread and worked out its a breaker as you replied.

The lumbar wiring is nothing special, just needs a 12v supply. I think members is your position have piggy backed the supply in the cigarette lighter so you need to retrieve sufficient length for that, (incorporate an inline fuse). Another candidate for a new supply point is in the passenger footwell compartment. Just retrieve as much of the loom as possible, but a pain I imagine, removing trim panels unwrapping loom tape, it might be easier to buy a replacement loom, I would ask Tom(Timmus) if he could oblige or even fit.

Andy

It runs back to the passenger footwell under the A pillar side cover. there is a clip on fuse on the fuse bracket with a permanent supply.

Thanks Spike!

I have just read your other thread and worked out its a breaker as you replied.

The lumbar wiring is nothing special, just needs a 12v supply. I think members is your position have piggy backed the supply in the cigarette lighter so you need to retrieve sufficient length for that, (incorporate an inline fuse). Another candidate for a new supply point is in the passenger footwell compartment. Just retrieve as much of the loom as possible, but a pain I imagine, removing trim panels unwrapping loom tape, it might be easier to buy a replacement loom, I would ask Tom(Timmus) if he could oblige or even fit.

Andy
That's exactly what I needed to know, thank you very much

Back