repair process (after carwash fiasco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerard

hey dudes,

i posted a while back about our a2 getting crunched in a petrol station carwash...

we still haven't had the car painted as Audi Croydon is dragging their buns to get the car in...

our insurance initially wanted Solus to do the repairs but then said the dealer could do it as it was an aluminium car...

however, Solus should still be able to do it if there is no real body work to do, just painting and buffing out the scratches and replacing windscreen...

as far as warranty is it ok for a 3rd party to do the work as long as they are Audi certified? from what i understand Solus are pretty big and do porsche and mercedes work...

2nd question:

the rear window was replaced in Aberdeen (we live in london) as it was smashed out and we didn't feel safe driving in the rain back to london without a window.

the RAC windscreen people had us park the car in their garage the saturday night of the accident. They said it would take a week to get the glass orded and our insurance prefered another glass company to do the repairs so the car was moved to the other company's workshop.

When we got the car back in london the boot floor lid was missing and as it was in 2 garages each one is saying it was the others fault. AAAARRGGGGHHHH!!!!

ALSO the radio reception is non-existent now... is the antenna in the rear glass and was not correctly hooked up?

i suppose i have to call the insurance company yet again and let them know about the missing boot floor lid and non-functioning radio antenna...

what a nightmare....

2003 1.6 SE FSI Cobalt Blue & 1968 Dodge Charger

gerard. What a nightmare situation. Can't comment on it all but:

Yes, the radio antenna is hooked upto the rear window, with a connector somewhere near the rear of the car. This is why I had reception troubles with my A2-the connector, not at the back of the radio but towards the rear of the car, was loose.

As for the missing boot floor, I would threaten police involvement. It is theft as far as you are concerned and you will need a crime number to claim from your insurance. Try that and see how they respond.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back