Replacement fob and spare key

Scudney

I am looking at replacing my old key fob/case with a new one while also having a spare key made,what the best way to go about doing this, the car in question is a 2001

Depends how involved you want to get with diag kit?
Easiest way is pay a mobile guy job done!
Diy with second hand fob cost me about £20

You will need VCDS, if you have more than the free version fine, otherwise you will need someone who has with knowledge to do it. If you need someone you must be not be that far from Tom(Timmus), make contact by PM and arrange a visit, it will not take long.

In the meantime for your second key you will need a key blade. Either visit local locksmith such as Timpsons or use one of the eBay sellers who will cut you a key from supplied picture for about £10.

Andy

A BIG thank you and shout out to Tom(2Work) for not only helping me out with a working spare key,but also changing the settings so that there is a beep when you lock ? car with the remote and it also locks when you go over 10mph, and finally for helping sort out my bench seat which is now in full working order and all for a trip from Northampton to Leicester and a chat as he refused to take a penny off me,well done Tom and thanks,much appreciated ?????

A BIG thank you and shout out to Tom(2Work) for not only helping me out with a working spare key,but also changing the settings so that there is a beep when you lock ? car with the remote and it also locks when you go over 10mph, and finally for helping sort out my bench seat which is now in full working order and all for a trip from Northampton to Leicester and a chat as he refused to take a penny off me,well done Tom and thanks,much appreciated ?????

Morning John,

It was my pleasure and always happy to help others out. Glad it all worked out for you opposed to going to the dealers.

Was really nice to meet you and your good lady.

Catch up another time I'm sure.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back