Replacement of the Control buttons of the Windows

a2lover

Hi everybody. Some months i bought an 1.4 petrol from 2000 and the electric Windows buttons are a little aged so i wanted to replaced them . Can the module be bought online? Is it very hard to replaced this? Whats the best way of reparing this?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_132835.jpg
    IMG_20211121_132835.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
Hi everybody. Some months i bought an 1.4 petrol from 2000 and the electric Windows buttons are a little aged so i wanted to replaced them . Can the module be bought online? Is it very hard to replaced this? Whats the best way of reparing this?

Thanks
Ye, I bought a switch module and the mirror control from AliExpress

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ye, I bought a switch module and the mirror control from AliExpress

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for the repply. Is it this type of parte that you have used? Also my interior is beige and on AliExpress does not seem to exist these parts on that color

Besides that are these parts very hard to install? I dont have any experience on this kind of repairs...
To install these parts you need to take out the cover of the door right?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_140745.jpg
    IMG_20211121_140745.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Getting the surround out is not easy! There are three hooked tabs on the inside of the surround and two on the outside. The inside ones need un-clipping and the unit can be rotated out of the armrest. The picture shows the three inner tabs (middle one broken) The second pic shows the two inner tabsimage.jpgimage.jpg
As I say it is not easy, perhaps there is an easier way but I have not found it!

Getting the surround out is not easy! There are three hooked tabs on the inside of the surround and two on the outside. The inside ones need un-clipping and the unit can be rotated out of the armrest. The picture shows the three inner tabs (middle one broken) The second pic shows the two inner tabsView attachment 88501View attachment 88502
As I say it is not easy, perhaps there is an easier way but I have not found it!
Afternoon Simon,

To assist in easier removal I have always removed the door card. Once the door card is off, simply remove the 3x Torx Screws as it gives a little more room to manoeuvre the surround out.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tom

Afternoon Simon,

To assist in easier removal I have always removed the door card. Once the door card is off, simply remove the 3x Torx Screws as it gives a little more room to manoeuvre the surround out.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tom
Yes Tom you are quite right it is much easier with the door card off the door. But the surrounds are always very tight and a PITA to get out!

Yes Tom you are quite right it is much easier with the door card off the door. But the surrounds are always very tight and a PITA to get out!
Hello Simon,

If the 3 Torx screws are removed then it assists the actual armrest to be moved just enough to allow a much easier removal of the switch surround.

I followed this procedure last weekend prior to painting some leather armrests. You can get to the surround tabs through the aperture in the door card that the loom follows. Even with fat fingers (like myself) the surround should be out in seconds.

@a2lover, if you want to see how easy a task it should be then I’m more than happy to supply my phone number over PM to talk you though it over a video call. I have a spare door card here to use for a demonstration and talk you through the process that avoids any damage to the tabs or the armrest covering.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello Simon,

If the 3 Torx screws are removed then it assists the actual armrest to be moved just enough to allow a much easier removal of the switch surround.

I followed this procedure last weekend prior to painting some leather armrests. You can get to the surround tabs through the aperture in the door card that the loom follows. Even with fat fingers (like myself) the surround should be out in seconds.

@a2lover, if you want to see how easy a task it should be then I’m more than happy to supply my phone number over PM to talk you though it over a video call. I have a spare door card here to use for a demonstration and talk you through the process that avoids any damage to the tabs or the armrest covering.

Kind regards,

Tom
@2work

Hi Tom. Thank you very much is very kind of you to be wiling to spend some of your time teaching me to fix this. I really apreciate it ?
When i have the parts to do the repair i migth send you a message asking for help.

Thanks. Regards

@2work

Hi Tom. Thank you very much is very kind of you to be wiling to spend some of your time teaching me to fix this. I really apreciate it ?
When i have the parts to do the repair i migth send you a message asking for help.

Thanks. Regards
Evening,

Always happy to help out where I can. I certainly have my limits but this actual task is quite simple and we’ll have the surround swapped in no time at all.

My offer will always stand so just PM me when you’re ready.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back