Replacing fuel flap release switch

Stormgren

Hey all.

New member here!

I need to replace the fuel flap release switch - I've ordered a new switch from dealer, could anyone advise if there is a Haynes type manual i can obtain to figure out the fitting?

Thanks,

Stormgren

I'd imagine the old one should pop out by levering out softly with something like a plastic spatula (Plastic tool less likely to damage surrounding B-Pillar trim or carefully use a flat head screwdriver or similar if spatula not handy). Then it should be connected via a small plug connecter from the wire.
Not replaced this myself so someone please correct if i'm wrong.

I'd imagine the old one should pop out by levering out softly with something like a plastic spatula (Plastic tool less likely to damage surrounding B-Pillar trim or carefully use a flat head screwdriver or similar if spatula not handy). Then it should be connected via a small plug connecter from the wire.
Not replaced this myself so someone please correct if i'm wrong.

You are right.

It is prised out gently as you say. It is then easily disconnected and the new one just plugs in and is pushed Ito place.

Be carful that you do not lose the plug back into the hole. But I have changed a few and it doesn't look like it would be easy to lose the plug.

Steve B

And I have sausage fingers and the technical knowledge of a penguin, but managed to change this switch in under 5 minutes thanks to the instructions above!:D

Back