Retro fit heated seats?

Howey

England
With consideration of fitting heated TT seats would this simply wiring work if plugs and switches were also obtained from a TT?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-19-12-57-51.png
    Screenshot_2022-06-19-12-57-51.png
    48 KB · Views: 119
Can’t see any reason for them not to work wired like this , but you need to know if the heated part works on the donor seats . Also are there any airbags in the seat ?

Can’t see any reason for them not to work wired like this , but you need to know if the heated part works on the donor seats . Also are there any airbags in the seat ?
Mega thanks!
TT seats have Airbags but are same as A2 so plug and play!

Are you using A2 OEM switches? They need a feed from a thermistor located within the seat pad. I assume TT seats have this?

Ian

Are you using A2 OEM switches? They need a feed from a thermistor located within the seat pad. I assume TT seats have this?

Ian
Use only TT parts, get all parts from the donor to make it easy!
My initial thoughts are it could be a fairly compact loom by having the switch's mounted next to the gear lever and possibly using live feed from cig lighter and illumination feed too but would need to check cables capacity, however it all comes down to cost really and the fact i should be doing DIY in the house lol

Illumination when you put your lights on i presume, 12v socket has this which is a seperate circuit

You should use a separate fuse, the cigarette lighter won’t be man enough.
I did a thread on installing heated seats if you can search for it?

Ian

This thread

Yes it would of course have its own fuse but perhaps its own dedicated feed is like you say the best option! Wonder if theres one on the passenger footwell that could be fused?

Back