Retrofit parking sensors.

thestable

I saw a lovely A2 a week or two ago near Ealing. (White Audi sticker in rear window).

It had parking sensors in the rear bumper. As I’m removing the bumper soon to fix the fishbowl. I was thinking about fitting sensors. I’ve always wanted a car with the. And think they could come in handy in the future.

Has anyone had these fitted before? What kit did you buy? Did you fit them or did a shop fit them? What’s the ball park cost for them to do it and set up?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had mine aftermarket fitted at A2 cars in Milton Keynes it is a Cobra system which is fitted to more modern Audi’s and has flush fitting colour coded bumper sensors cost £250 all in but was one of A2 cars introductory special offers.

I fitted OE sensors to Tank so that they are diagnostic capable and tweak able - they've been perfect over the last 12 years or so. Fitting was really easy as there's moulded in marks on the inside of the bumper. Wiring up the OE electrics though was a pain as wires had to be run to the dash.

I've fitted several aftermarket systems for members over the years and these are very easy to do as they usually only take power from the reversing light.

I also had the Cobra kit fitted to my TT after it turned up minus the specified sensors and they were done by Stockport Audi. They looked exactly as per factory but need bonding to the bumper so are not as straightforward to do.

I might have a look in to the aftermarket systems if they are straight forward to install in that case. I don't want anything thats a pain to fit.
Do you remember or can you suggest any after market ones that you have fitted?

Cheers for the advice @Skipton01 and @drewroberts

I'm installing aftermarket parking sensors, I've gone cheap, £25 and no need for any additional kit for canbus compatible apparently, time will tell. all I need now to complete the job is the colour of wires I need to tap into for reversing light 12v + and ignition 12v+ at the rear light cluster drivers side, anyone know? Many thanks.

I'm installing aftermarket parking sensors, I've gone cheap, £25 and no need for any additional kit for canbus compatible apparently, time will tell. all I need now to complete the job is the colour of wires I need to tap into for reversing light 12v + and ignition 12v+ at the rear light cluster drivers side, anyone know? Many thanks.

When I’ve done these in the past you just need the 12v from the reversing light and ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back