RNS-E Cutting

2work

Well Known Member
United-Kingdom
Morning everyone,

Hope someone can help out as I’m thinking if getting another RNS-E for another project.

Does anyone know if the RNS-E from a 2012 TTS (Mk2) fit once cut down or is the fascia just too out of shape for our A2s.

Here’s the pictures of the type in on about:
CE57CF61-4A7A-49D0-B63F-A21D14488998.jpeg

4E6FB502-CA30-4C48-A76B-77142DF256D4.jpeg

4E0E670F-B9A7-42AA-ACB5-190BD83C3EF8.jpeg

You'll know I’m not afraid of getting the Dremel out but I’m not sure if the fascia has too much curve near the cutting/trimming lines to beautifully fit into an A2.

Thoughts please from some one who has done this in the past.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Same question was asked a while ago but no definitive answer resulted

You could ask the OP (Ianth) how he got on with the TT unit

Cheers Spike

Same question was asked a while ago but no definitive answer resulted

You could ask the OP (Ianth) how he got on with the TT unit

Cheers Spike
Thanks Spike,

I will do as suggested.

Kind regards,

Tom

Morning everyone,

Hope someone can help out as I’m thinking if getting another RNS-E for another project.

Does anyone know if the RNS-E from a 2012 TTS (Mk2) fit once cut down or is the fascia just too out of shape for our A2s.

Here’s the pictures of the type in on about:
View attachment 74002
View attachment 74003
View attachment 74004
You'll know I’m not afraid of getting the Dremel out but I’m not sure if the fascia has too much curve near the cutting/trimming lines to beautifully fit into an A2.

Thoughts please from some one who has done this in the past.

Kind regards,

Tom
Tom, having cut down and fitted an RNS-E, I looked long n hard at the TT units. My conclusion was that they have curves in the wrong places to suit the A2

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Tom, having cut down and fitted an RNS-E, I looked long n hard at the TT units. My conclusion was that they have curves in the wrong places to suit the A2

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Morning Bob,

Hope you and yours are all well sir.

Thanks for the reply. Your thoughts are echoed here but I thought I’d ask anyway.

These HUs do seem to sell for bit cheaper than the correctly shaped versions. Shame but had to ask just in case this was a more economical option.

kind regards,

Tom

Back