Roof Rack

AudA2Numpty

A2OC Donor
I sold my Nissan Leaf and kept my Audi A2 with it's Sky Roof. I have pondered how to transport our bicycles in it and could never find a convenient option.

I was not sure if I could put a roof rack on the Sky Roof so just left it.
Fed up one morning I fished out my Nissan Leafs Whispbar roof racks and attempted to put them on the A2.

This is the result. Anyone see any problems with this?
I have disconnected the fuse to the Roof to be sure. Though this has shut off the horn as well.

Last edited:
@AudA2Numpty just wondering how you've got on with using this rack, i've been looking at whispbar as an option, but not sure which one might fit. cheers nod.

As the load bearing point of the bars sit on the glass roof and the side rail just be careful you do not put too heavy a load onto the roof and place some foam rubber under the foot where the glass is to prevent any vibration.

As the load bearing point of the bars sit on the glass roof and the side rail just be careful you do not put too heavy a load onto the roof and place some foam rubber under the foot where the glass is to prevent any vibration.
thanks for the advice. I had thought the same, and was thinking of trying these bars on my non OSS A2 for that reason. cheers

thanks for the advice. I had thought the same, and was thinking of trying these bars on my non OSS A2 for that reason. cheers
Assuming you have no bars presently it's difficult to recommend a system used for another vehicle. The Thule wingbars have been discussed in various threads and are designed specifically for Audi A2 without OSS.

I have a set of A2 bars which i use on the OSS car without problem, but they are really tatty, missing 2 covers being the main issue. also interested in something that might be quieter / more streamlined. cheers

Having left them on for months, I had forgotten they were there, even on long journeys. Fuel consumption did not seem to be affected either.

Having left them on for months, I had forgotten they were there, even on long journeys. Fuel consumption did not seem to be affected either.
Have you had any marks on the roof after using the bars? Small scratches is the nature of clamp-on's.
But I'm interested to hear if you hade any dents caused by the feet being formed for a Nissan Leaf and not a A2?

I've just bought some Thule Polo bars cheaply, they look like they will fit ok.
Did they work out OK? I tried the LaPrealpina ones from Mick’s Garage / carracks.Co.uk but they sent ones too long for the width of the car. Might try the Thule Polo ones with the rounded end profile if someone has experience of them working on an A2.

With roof racks the downforce is not always the problem its the updraft you have to watch.
So when loaded lift the arms of the rack, making sure they`re secure.

I used to carry a lot of windsurfing boards, and I only lost one, probably still living on the shoulder of the A2 ( no pun intended).

Back