Rough cars

Probably as with most members here I like to trawl the classifieds for A2's..............not that I'm looking for another at present (unless a yellow car comes along....and its got to be cheap as its going to be modded powertrain wise)....................anyway recently I've found some ad's that take the mick cars with little or no MOT and excuses for warning lights, faulty brakes, steering etc etc etc........but at prices that would be considered by many as full price for a nice sorted car...............
What I'd like to know is where do these people get their prices from.
Take a look I'm sure you'll find them sooner rather than later....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is part delusion and part having no idea what market value is, same as with listings for computers on classifieds etc. Dealers usually list cars higher price to gauge interest though unlikely to be the case for personal listings.

Seen people go to ridiculous lengths to try and argue for the value when there are new items for sale cheaper than their used parts. Either fishing for a fool or just slowly dropping price until they get some interest in which time the car is likely depreciating more due to MOT and just collecting dust outside or on driveway.

And then you get some which are just completely honest and genuine. Tonight I picked up an '04 Fiat Panda 1.1 for my son's first car, 89k, brand new clutch, full service and front brake pads. Drove absolutely sweetly, couldn't hear or feel anything wrong. 11 months MOT, reasonable MOT history, nothing documented apart from the work just completed but the seller is the mechanic who serviced it over several years for its previous owner. They got out of it rather than invest in the clutch. It needs a few bits & bobs in the interior, a couple of door handles looking at and a tyre at some point soon but absolutely no argument from me at the £400 he was asking ? If only they were all like that!

And then you get some which are just completely honest and genuine. Tonight I picked up an '04 Fiat Panda 1.1 for my son's first car, 89k, brand new clutch, full service and front brake pads. Drove absolutely sweetly, couldn't hear or feel anything wrong. 11 months MOT, reasonable MOT history, nothing documented apart from the work just completed but the seller is the mechanic who serviced it over several years for its previous owner. They got out of it rather than invest in the clutch. It needs a few bits & bobs in the interior, a couple of door handles looking at and a tyre at some point soon but absolutely no argument from me at the £400 he was asking ? If only they were all like that!

What? Not an A2? ?

Back