RPM changing when clutch pedal pressed

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom

This only seems to happen on first start up for a good few mins and when I press the clutch pedal as you can see in the clip it revs slightly less when pressed and more when clutch is released , it does eventually settle down though to around 950 RPM

Is the clutch hydraulic system maybe electrically assisted?

Could you be adding additional drain in the system and making the alternator work harder?

Just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the clutch hydraulic system maybe electrically assisted?

Could you be adding additional drain in the system and making the alternator work harder?

Just a guess.

No it’s purely hydraulic. Pressing the clutch however would reduce the rotating mass and the drag on the engine a bit, maybe just compensation for that in the fueling..... maybe

There's a switch on the clutch pedal (it's like the brake switch) , which senses (and is read by the ecu) when the pedal is depressed. So, it's quite possible that the ECU doesn't see the pedal movement, and therefore does not tweak the revs to compensate. Check the clutch switch is actually moving when the pedal is depressed. Removing the switch, and fully extending the plunger might help, but a replacement would be best, as it will self adjust when installed. A scan would probably show clutch switch fault code, or what ever else may be the cause of your rev fluctuations.
Is this the same car as had mysterious symptoms a while back?
Mac.

Back