Sales Etiquette !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there generally an accepted code how sales are conducted ??

My observations have led to think that if an item is dibs'd then that member stakes a claim to that item. Unless they do not communicate further with the seller or have a change of heart due to circumstance.

I had to leave it until today to ask this because yesterday I was so annoyed, fuelled by disappointment.

@mrbroons had black leather seats listed

https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/black-se-leather-seats-4-seat-£200-and-your-dark-cloth-se-seats.41865/#post-377989

I dibs'd them dependant of photos which were duly posted, I returned from Germany business trip on Friday to find them sold.
No communication from @mrbroons to confirm whether I was still interested.

I have the exact replacement seats @mrbroons requested fitted to our car would have been a straight swap

Collection would have been easy because my wife and I are actually up in Newcastle for New Year.

Whoever bought the seats?? Obviously had no regard for what I thought was the etiquette of this community or @mrbroons for that matter

Tragedy the world is going to end!! I am a bit long in the tooth for that, but wouldn't it be good if everybody followed the same code.

Obviously correct me if I' wrong

Last edited:
If I understood you correctly you wanted an item and you claimed it but someone else took it before you?

Well it happened with me too.. (Not with MrBroons)

All I can advise you there are several other sellers and items here you just have to be patient and your wanted item will turn up soon again.

Last edited:
Correct that is against the T&C’s in the market place, although as other recent threads have shown your first point of contact should be with the seller if that contact turns into a dispute then the next contact should be with the moderators. There is always two sides to these things and neither party looks good in a public dispute.

There is a "gentlemans" agreement that it should be first come first served on a sales thread but it may have been a better idea to send a PM to MrBroons in the first instance to clarify reasons.

I’ve had this happen a couple of times, I notice that communications can sometime go off the thread so can be sold even if you are the first to reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do advocate that initial comms should take place on the sales thread and then perhaps move to PM,s for payment details etc. I do appreciate that this is not always the case though.

Correct that is against the T&C’s in the market place, although as other recent threads have shown your first point of contact should be with the seller if that contact turns into a dispute then the next contact should be with the moderators. There is always two sides to these things and neither party looks good in a public dispute.

I have no dispute!!
I accept they have gone, just seeking clarification

Thanks on reflection should have kept it off the public domain.

Last edited:
Please accept my apologies for the confusion and any disappointment this has caused, I believed as I had not heard from you post photo's you did not want to proceed with the sale. Meanwhile the seats were advertised elsewhere and I had a firm sale with a deposit paid immediately. As soon as this happened I updated the thread on the forum to confirm a purchase was underway.

Again apologies, it was not my intention to upset anyone and hopefully you can see from my other sales that this is not how I operate.

Regards,

James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back