Salvaged..

ROO3

Purchased my latest salvage project. Let the fun commence...

Attachments

• A21.jpg
    A21.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 530
  • A22.jpg
    A22.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 528
  • A23.jpg
    A23.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 534
  • A24.jpg
    A24.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 518
  • A25.jpg
    A25.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 528
  • A26.jpg
    A26.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 504
That's a pleasant, light interior! My favourite! Let us know as you continue your project. You'll find lots of help and parts on this superb site!

David

Been busy refreshing the A2
- new battery
- Rear parcel shelf (was missing)
- Quick Polish
- Replaced alloys which were awful with a much better set including winter tyres on the front.
- Oil change
- Tracking sorted
- New throttle body
- New dipstick
- Fresh mot ( failed on a headlight alignment which they fixed immediately) no other advisories at all
- quick Polish
- Fault codes cleared

Happy with progress so far :)

Next on the jobs list
-Replace grille for black polished style
-New interior mats front and rear (must be genuine)
- Repair scrape on rear right arch (or just touch up)
- Put 'A2' private plate on. Will get local audi dealer to knock up new plates
PHOTO_20181026_175021.jpg

Been busy refreshing the A2
- new battery
- Rear parcel shelf (was missing)
- Quick Polish
- Replaced alloys which were awful with a much better set including winter tyres on the front.
- Oil change
- Tracking sorted
- New throttle body
- New dipstick
- Fresh mot ( failed on a headlight alignment which they fixed immediately) no other advisories at all
- quick Polish
- Fault codes cleared

Happy with progress so far :)

Next on the jobs list
-Replace grille for black polished style
-New interior mats front and rear (must be genuine)
- Repair scrape on rear right arch (or just touch up)
- Put 'A2' private plate on. Will get local audi dealer to knock up new plates View attachment 44906
Looking great, good save. Worth noting, it's not recommended to have only two winter tyres. https://www.wheels.ca/news/the-5-most-common-winter-driving-myths/

It's fine been doing it for years. People also use snow socks on just the front wheels.
Snow socks are designed for up to 30mph. Having traction on the front 'only' isn't recommended (even if you've had no issues-yet), same reason tyre manufacturers all recommend better tyres are fitted to the rear. I'm not having a go though you may find out it's not fine after it's too late.

Snow socks are designed for up to 30mph. Having traction on the front 'only' isn't recommended (even if you've had no issues-yet), same reason tyre manufacturers all recommend better tyres are fitted to the rear. I'm not having a go though you may find out it's not fine after it's too late.
So running 4 normal tyres is better?

So running 4 normal tyres is better?
Define better. Running 4 summer tyres (with better/deeper tread tyres on the rear) will give more predictable handling. Again, I'm not trying to impose my opinion on you, I was brought up with the 'knowledge' that better tyres go on the front on FWD though I'm now aware that all tyre manufacturers and motoring organisations recommend the opposite.
You might be safer with winters front and summers rear though that set up will be prone to oversteer(which I love though only when I want it).

since the rears define stability at speed, mixing is stupid. Sure it would be illegal here, too. You will also get completely useless ESP because it's assuming the brake efforts at the rear wheels do something. It is not the fastest system ever and provocation to overcorrect is easy to achieve.

I drive snow and ice four-five months per year not the four-five weeks of the uk and have done for the last 14 years. I had the Octavia activate ESP at speed last winter twice in some truly atrocious conditions. Both times it was the back end that lost traction, in one case throwing me halfway across the other lane with zero warning. No funny camber, just too fast at 55km/h... and zero grip. Second one was melting snow on sheet ice at 60km/h.

This is why I offer the opportunity to drive the ice each year, to learn and push in a safe environment.

We just drove up here tonight in snow and considering it's *always* the back that goes first....nope nope nope.

- Bret

Back