Seat Leon Cupra R splitter

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
After searching for a suitable item and trying to stick to the VAG parts bin, I fitted a Seat Leon Cupra R front splitter yesterday. It required no cutting from the centre and only 3 inches or so from either end. I think it looks great.

6829616F-6729-4A1E-B58A-75C482917062.jpeg

Last edited:
Very smart Steve; looks OEM - said as a compliment and not dismissive or disrespectful of your unique modification. Suits the standard bumper.

Good job! :cool:

Very smart Steve; looks OEM - said as a compliment and not dismissive or disrespectful of your unique modification. Suits the standard bumper.

Good job! :cool:

Yes, I wanted to stay within the VAG range. Had considered a mk1 laguna but prefer this now.

That looks great steve, and a new A2 upgrade on the cards, now can we all have the part numbers ;)

Haven't kept the part number,but if you search on Google for seat Leon Cupra R splitter part number I think there is only one.

I wonder if it would fit a Votex front spoiler and if so, would it look as good.

Well done Steve

Steve B

I wonder if it would fit a Votex front spoiler and if so, would it look as good.

Well done Steve

Steve B

The only issue I can see is that the votex kit makes the lower bumper wider than standard and the splitter fits the standard bumper perfectly.

Thanks ,to morrow i call the dealer and paint him in argentum like my otherparts. :)

Sounds good :)

You will have to trim the two centre prongs that stick up from the splitter. Be careful not to trim too much off in one go. I made that mistake and they are not quite flush with the bumper.

Steve,

I like the look of the splitter fitted to the standard bumper, it is certainly a cheaper alternative than waiting to locate a Votex bumper. Do you have any pictures of the fitting process as I'm keen to do this myself as the Cupra splitters are very affordable from eBay. Do you have any more top tips on fitting.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Steve B,

This is what I've been looking at on eBay. There are a couple of cheaper (only slightly) listings and I'm wanting to do this soonest. I'm keen to know what was actually involved in fitting and how the splitter is attached, glue or push fit?

This really does look like a very cheap face lift which is still from within the VAG Group.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Steve B,

This is what I've been looking at on eBay. There are a couple of cheaper (only slightly) listings and I'm wanting to do this soonest. I'm keen to know what was actually involved in fitting and how the splitter is attached, glue or push fit?

This really does look like a very cheap face lift which is still from within the VAG Group.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom

Very minimal work required really. The two central vanes on the splitter will need to be trimmed down. By how much will depend on how far forward or back you fit it on the bumper. You will need to trim a few inches off the end of the splitter at each side but again the amount depends on where you fit it. It would be a lot easier if you have someone to hold it so you can mark it up but I amnaged on my own with a long length of wood and a trolley jack. I secured it with around 10 self tapping screws about 15mm long but shorter ones would work just as well. No pictures sorry as I was in the middle of my 20 hour nightmare suspension change.

Steve,

Thank you very much for the helpful reply. As it seems to be simple I will order a splitter today and have a play with it after the Easter break.

I think a trolley jack and a peice of wood will be more helpful than my wife, as much as she loves my A2 she isnt too bothered with working on it!

Thanks again.

Tom

Thanks Steve, a really good description of whats involved; a mod I might well look at myself despite having an OEM stock look - a slight twist on the norm.

Hi Tom

Very minimal work required really. The two central vanes on the splitter will need to be trimmed down. By how much will depend on how far forward or back you fit it on the bumper. You will need to trim a few inches off the end of the splitter at each side but again the amount depends on where you fit it. It would be a lot easier if you have someone to hold it so you can mark it up but I amnaged on my own with a long length of wood and a trolley jack. I secured it with around 10 self tapping screws about 15mm long but shorter ones would work just as well. No pictures sorry as I was in the middle of my 20 hour nightmare suspension change.

Back