Service at 55000 miles what do i need

Kingmyo

hi, i have done a service every 10000 miles on my a2 2004 1.4tdi apart from one time someone said i needed a spring changing so i let the garage do it. it's now on 55000 miles and i would like to know if there is anything other that the normal i will have to change ?

i thought i would do the fuel filter myself aswell this time after reading a post.

any help would be great.

When was the cambelt last changed?

Do you have the owner's handbook where it lists the service items and at what mileage those parts and checked/replaced? If not, I'll try to remember to check mine this evening for you.

hi, the cambelt was done at 40000 miles and yes iv got an handbook but not sure if it's got anything like that in, iv never seen a list like that when i looked at it the last time but i will check it again now.

thank you.

Last edited:
it's an audi A2 owner's manual iv got and i cannot find any list to say what parts to change at what miles in my book.

iv looked on the web and cannot find anything that says i need to change anything else that the normal stuff like oil and filter's.

regards.

i had a service book with the car but lost it so i got another from audi but this one does not have a schedule in it but i only got it stamped once anyway then i started doing the sevice myself every 10k. i am doing the fuel filter this time and it will need it i think after putting unleaded petrol in it about a month back, the garage said just fill the tank up and it clean the system and it was fine but thought i would do the filter this time anyway.

According to my book:

Diesel only

@10k
oil and filter change

@20k
oil and filter change
pollen filter

@40k
oil and filter change
air filter change
fuel filter change

@60k
air filter if car used in severe conditions

All the above also includes quite a few checks to other items

Last edited:
that is great thank you, should i wait for 60k then as i think the fuel filter needs doing now and im not sure about the air filter lasting 20k as i do a lot of round town driving that is why i started do it every 10 or 12k and it's not that hard to do just oil and filter and air filter what do you think?

I would recomend to do the pollen filter at the same time. I do mine every year. As I am the same as you and do a lot of town driving. It makes a big difference on the air quality inside te cabin.

Cheers

David

thanks david, iv never done the pollen filter and dont know where it is but, if its not too hard i will do it.

iv just looked on here and it says its under the glove box is that right and is it easy to do?

cheers

tez

Last edited:
TOP MAN that is so easy iv just done it now to see and yes it is black and a load of cr*p fell out so iv give it a tap on the floor for now i will get new one in the morning and if it's white when new i dont think this has ever been replaced but now im glad i know where and how to change it, i can done it every time with my service.

they do a cabin filter and a cabin filter-activated carbon type not much in price but what is the best one to get?

Last edited:
ok david thanks mate that is the one i will get then.

cheers tez

got the carbon cabin filter and all is done along with the fuel filter and full service.

Last edited:
Back