Service indicator - anyone past it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecoangel

Hi

I mean to get my car serviced next week having had an indication of 1500 miles to go last week. however, last night over a 2 mile journey, the indicator went to 500 miles to go and i only did 350 miles last week. This means I'll probably exceed the indicator this week - before i could get a booking with the dealer. [30]

Any ideas? [25]

Appreciate your help - will the car still run!? Or make expletive noises from the DIS?[31]

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/mar.htm

For info - My first service was due and decided to wait until it was around 250 miles to go before I booked it in. BIG mistake. The dealer had a three week backlog before they could book me in. I was told that I could go over by up to 1000miles without voiding the warranty. Ended up going over by 750 miles but no problems.

In the words of Fred Pontin - 'BOOK EARLY' for your service

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

Just to be provocative doesn't it say in the brochure that they will give you a booking for service within a set number of days??????

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

This is the thing that makes me angry about Audi, I drive high mileages so it is difficult to predict when I will need a service as in 3 weeks I could drive 4000 miles or 1000. Audi consistently are unable to service cars with short notice and are never able to provide a courtesy car.

I used to drive a Honda Accord and they were always able to slip me in with 2-3 days notice if I was prepared to wait and they made sure they worked on my car first if I was waiting. The quality of service was exceptional. With Audi I always have to wait and my shortest wait is 3 hours, worst 4 hours with real trouble booking in. They wont collect the car or give courtesy cars I have had to resort on 2 occasions to hiring cars.

In my impression this is where Audi really let themselves down

I feel better now after that rant

Phil

Audi Northampton just booked mine in with only 6 days wait and i will get a loan car for the day too. Good stuff.

2002 TDi SE, Dolphin Grey,Black/grey interior,climate,CD.

[17]
Rant all you like Phil.
I think you will find that if you are a high mileage driver and those miles are on fast A or M roads you will see service intervals in excess of 30k and they will eventually count down to service at a quantifiable rate so that you can easily book well ahead.
I know, I have been there!
[35]

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Soon to be ex-A2 owner - but nevertheless extremely satisfied with my experience

And the moderator busy [13]

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

And the moderator busy [13]

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Hi all
For the answers to most questions in THIS topic, please read my reply to Puppes...re "Freaky service indicator". So yes Maersk, your absolutely correct !!

Mark

Mankind's basic personality is defined by weather he finds it easier to be cruel or kind...me?...anyone want a pint?

Hi Maersk I know I could me more organised and plan my mileage in advance to know when to book, its just that with other manafacturers I have not had to they have just been responsive to the customer. Audi do not seem to do this. My boss has a TT and she has just had the rear screen smashed, it took Audi 3 working days to replace and she lives in London where TT's are not exactly uncommon. I just think they take customers for granted or don't plan service very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back