service time soon - deal recommendations

murdo

Admin Team
Scotland
Hi all. Bit of a lazy post - I'm shopping around for 5 litre of castrol edge 5w30 for the wee one.

Best I've seen is around the 35 quid mark on Amazon. Anyone know of any current deals to better that?

Stoke Audi were doing good deals on 5L Quantum Longlife 3 5W-30 Murdo - perhaps worth a call ?. I bought some delivered for under £30 - sorry i can,t help you with Castrol.

Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
I used Petronas Syntium 5000 AV, 4 litres for £24.99 from ECP. Meets the VW extended interval specifications.

Stoke Audi were doing good deals on 5L Quantum Longlife 3 5W-30 Murdo - perhaps worth a call ?. I bought some delivered for under £30 - sorry i can,t help you with Castrol.

Ta
Dave
:)

I used Petronas Syntium 5000 AV, 4 litres for £24.99 from ECP. Meets the VW extended interval specifications.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the responses. I've used the castrol oil most years so will stick to what I know. Booked in on 3rd November so I've time ti shop around. Might even try Opie Oils ;)

I see this is available from eBay seller for £15 inc post & packing so have bought four to keep me going.

Any concerns over its provenance were dispelled when I received the Invoice by email and found they were an Audi / VW / Skoda dealership... 'motorhomesscotland' is the seller.

5 LITRE QUANTUM PLATINUM ENGINE OIL 5W-40 Part Code ZGB115QLB00521

Quantum Platinum is a fully synthetic SAE 5W-40 engine oil for all year round use in applications where an oil of that viscosity grade and performance level (API SM/CF, ACEA C3) is recommended.
Quantum Platinum uses an optimised blend of fully synthetic base oils and a carefully selected and balanced additive system.
Approved for use in Volkswagen Group Pumpe Düse engines (meets the VW 505 01 specification) on fixed service intervals. Approved for Volkswagen 502 00, 505 00 and 505 01
Not suitable for VW Group vehicles following a Variable Service regime.

Features • Full synthetic formulation ensures optimum high temperature performance and oxidation resistance • Excellent thermal stability and superior wear protection to meet the specific demands of the Pumpe Düse engine design • Low ash formulation to maintain Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) performance (note: VW Group vehicles fitted with a DPF must use Quantum LongLife III oil) • Specifically formulated to provide improved fuel efficiency when compared to conventional engine oils • Excellent low temperature flow properties ensure rapid oil circulation for efficient cold starting and initial wear protection • Low volatility reduces oil consumption and can improve catalyst life

Last edited:
for all those annual service DIY members, better deal this year round on the 5L Quantum Longlife 3 5W-30, purchased last year at £27 from cardiff audi, cheaper this time round from bristol audi, with express delivery too (free).

good deal on a recommended oil;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172229720477?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

for all those north of me who get hit with the highlands delivery charge, there is another seller at the same price who won't include the extra delivery charge.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quantum-L...id=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&mehot=ag&sd=172229720477

selling out fast.

Back