Shell V-power diesel v Shell regular diesel

hi guys.
few weeks ago bought 16.39 litres of shell v-power diesel and done 200miles..
and week before bought 17.39 litres of shell regular one and done 200 miles.
so that means for less fuel you are doing the same miles.. and the v-power diesel is cleaner and its better for engine as well?

did anyone tryed this ?

The margin of claimed benefit of these fuels is smaller than the margin of error in the human test.

Do all Shell Petrol Stations sell the V power Diesel ?

I don't recall seeing it at my local Shell Petrol Station :confused:

well should be in any station..but if it`s small one probably not...but I live in bristol and its in every pump station...
it is the same as bp ultimate diesel..probably even better

I started using Power inadvertently when queuing for fuel save. I saw the price ticking over and stopped at £10 actually quite mad at being ripped off to the tune of 7p a litre. I drove away intent on never making that mistake again but noticed within hours a slight change in the behaviour of my fuel gauge.

I have not attempted to calculate any gains but my routine see’s me drive the same routes most weeks and the difference is clearly perceptible. Also the 3 pot is quieter under load too.

Last edited:
well would be interested to see the mpg diference in motorway... I would think it would be even better.. but because I`m not doing a lot motorway miles I can`t compare between city and motorway..

ive been filling up with either bp ultimate diesel (125p) or v Power Diesel (120) and noticed some pretty good return but only on the motorway. I'm getting around 70mpg at around 70mph steady with cruise on. Oh and sorry have the 5th gear mod done a couple of months by mike and its a unmapped 75tdi.

I think its worth the extra money but only when doing a serious motorway run. If you are pottering around town, stick with normal diesel.

I have to say that the combination of 5th gear mod and the decision not to map really plays to the advantage of the a2. the downside is that "in town" journeys you dont notice the difference.

imran

I have to say that the combination of 5th gear mod and the decision not to map really plays to the advantage of the a2. the downside is that "in town" journeys you dont notice the difference.

imran[/QUOTE]

The 5th gear upgrade I get, the 'not to map' makes no sense though. If you don't start booting it everywhere you should see improved mpg due to increased flexibility and less need to change gear.

I've had two 75's mapped and last week my new 90, haven't seen a reduction in mpg with any of them (driven on a like for like basis before and after) ;)

For those of you who use Shell V-Power regularly, or who would like to try it out, Shell are offering 5p off each litre of V-Power diesel sold this Friday 12 November.

V-Power is normally 7-8p more per litre than their regular Fuelsave fuel. I use V-Power all the time - I just hope it's worth the extra cost! ;)

i agree the economy benfits of V power/Ultimate etc is debatable however I am convinced the engine runs smoother, quieter, less smoke and with better pick up. Was similar in other cars I have tried it in too.

Interesting read. I have only ever used V-Power twice and on both occasions my mapped TDI 75 felt underpowered and unresponsive compared to having BP Ultimate gracing the tank. The difference between both for me is incredibly noticeable, so much so that I wouldn't use V-Power again and I am now strictly a BP Ultimate user. (Strange).

Darren

I use bp ultimate myself. I have never tryed shell, I only filled up a couple of days ago. Its a shame with 5p off on friday would have been a good time to give shell a go.

Cheers

David

I will rate V power diesel.

Since switching from regular diesel the car is more responsive and def quieter.

Also I have got 100 miles from 2 gallons, so 50mpg which is on short commutes, prob no longer that 5 - 10 mins drive. So up 5mpg compared to regular.

John

I don’t measure but notice a defo economy increase in my own car as well. However even that is now being off set by the recent biblical rise in the cost of fuel.

From £1.19 – 1.20 a litre for V-Power to £1.28 literally OVER NIGHT? what the hell is wrong with this place? Opec and all the shoddy intermediaries in-between are contriving to run some serious big time jokes on the public and my wallet.

Only my wallet isn’t getting these jokes and we are both oblivious to any hidden punch line.

Last edited:
Back