Side indicators improvement

DJ 190

A2OC Donor
I noticed these on Ebay and I considered that visually they would make a big improvement to my A2. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264382251415?ul_noapp=true I think that they look so much more "modern" and give a bit of "bling"! The opening in the wing needs to be enlarged, so I made a template from cardboard. The wing is very easy to cut (using a Dremmel and various bits), because it's made of plastic. The size of the indicator is a little larger than standard, but this actually makes it a perfect fit into the wing recess. There are no electrical alterations because the bulb/holder is identical. Everything worked out and it was a quick project. I'm very pleased with the result.
Here's some photos :-
Sorry, I can't seem to do this, yet ... they'll come later ...

David

Well, that didn't take long!

The replacement indicators

So, that's the new indicators, the cardboard template, the wing cut-out rather crudely ( a better job made of it, later), the original indicator,the new indicator in two views. Looks good! The cost? Well, just £13!

David

Last edited:
I wondered about getting these but a bit expensive
They are available in chrome .... Somewhere! That's because I've seen them fitted to Member's "craigyb"''s car.
What I've done is certainly a budget job .... £13! The improvement is obvious.

David

I've seen the clear versions advertised on wish of the sweeping type. Going rate around 17gbp but 6 week wait.

Blacked out versions can be had cheaper and more readily available.

Edit: Sorry slightly misread above post and assumed repeaters were sweeping and not pulsing!

Last edited:
No! They are all BLACK! I was looking for CLEAR indicators. I've just searched again for something like that (crystal clear indicators with a row of three LED's) and no luck! As I've said, I do know that they exist because I've seen them on an A2OC members car. AND, it was while I was looking for them that I spotted the type that I've just fitted to my A2! I suppose that even if I do find the LED type, I'll probably keep the ones I've just fitted, because I'm happy with their appearance. (But, with myself, you never know!) :)

David

No! They are all BLACK! I was looking for CLEAR indicators. I've just searched again for something like that (crystal clear indicators with a row of three LED's) and no luck! As I've said, I do know that they exist because I've seen them on an A2OC members car. AND, it was while I was looking for them that I spotted the type that I've just fitted to my A2! I suppose that even if I do find the LED type, I'll probably keep the ones I've just fitted, because I'm happy with their appearance. (But, with myself, you never know!) :)

David
Apologies, I posted smoked, clear here...

They are still not the type that I'm looking for ..... They have a row of three LED's and not sequential. The DO exist .... as I've said, I've actually seen them, fitted!

David

They are still not the type that I'm looking for ..... They have a row of three LED's and not sequential. The DO exist .... as I've said, I've actually seen them, fitted!

David

Yup recognised that fact earlier and edited my original reply :)

I've ended up with a spare pair of these clear side indicators. I can't see myself ever using them. Anyone interested?

David

I ended up buying something similar, but these do have the waterflow movement, only thing is, they sent me ones for the Audi A4 so they are longer. The guy that ordered the A4 ones ended up with mine, anyway, I got a refund and kept the ones they sent me. I don't fancy cutting the holes bigger in wing.
They do look good though.

I've ended up with a spare pair of these clear side indicators. I can't see myself ever using them. Anyone interested?

David

Hello David

I am interested, my indicator just fell out of the wing so I was planning to head down the breakers today.

Many Thanks

Back