Site downtime

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hi folks,

The site will be unavailable for some essential maintenance this afternoon.

Apologies for the downtime.

Ben

Hi folks,

The site is now backup. Let me know if you spot any issues.

Many thanks to Chris and Tim at Nimbus Hosting for their help. I've been impressed with their help and efficiency!

Ben

Well done Ben, keep up the good work. There are a lot of little cars with a lot of happy owners depending on this site, thank you!

David

Well done sir. We all take the site functioning for granted, but secretly we know its a lot of work (and cost!).

Just goes to proove WE ARE ALL ADDICTS well done Ben as dan said performace thus far is great.
cheers mike

Thanks for the feedback. Our new host have a much better infrastructure. They host some of the UK's biggest vBulletin forums - so know their stuff. Hopefully the site will not suffer long periods of downtime in the future. Last week was painful!

Ben

Last week was painful!

Ben

Too right last week i didn't get much time to go on when i was at home but had some time during the day as i was waiting for software updates to install on Skoda steering boxes, so every hour or so i had about 10 mins when i couldn't do anything but wait so found myself tring to get on the site and found sometimes i got on the others just wouldn't load, now it seems very fast and hopefully back to normal running. i Even had members texting me can you get on the site very stressed LOL we are sad at times ;)

Phil

Thanks for the feedback. Our new host have a much better infrastructure. They host some of the UK's biggest vBulletin forums - so know their stuff. Hopefully the site will not suffer long periods of downtime in the future. Last week was painful! Ben

I was occupied last week so didn't suffer so much but when I logged in this evening it did seem fast - now I know why :)

Many thanks indeed Ben for your hard work in resolving last week's big issue - you're a 5 star guy!

Hi Ben

Is the new host significantly more expensive than the previous one, and if so, do we need to be asking for donations to keep the site running ?

Cheers Spike

Hi Spike

We're OK for now. I think the extra cost is worth it. It's also given me the opportunity to do some tidy ups of the site. I'll continue to optimise it whenever I get any spare hours.

Ben

Hi Ben

Is the new host significantly more expensive than the previous one, and if so, do we need to be asking for donations to keep the site running ?

Cheers Spike

Back