Site hosting issues

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hi folks,

Apologies for the major outage we suffered over the weekend. Our hosting provider suffered a serious disk failure - which left their server in a state unable to server any content. Sadly we don't have the facility to offer any kind of backup other than our Facebook page.

Hopefully the site is running more reliably again. Please let me know if you experience any problems.

Note also that we've also been reverted to a backup taken on Thursday - so we've lost anything posted during that day. I still have a backup of those posts if anyone needs them.

Note however that this isn't the first period of downtime that we've suffered since moving to this host. If we continue to experience poor service we will be looking to move to an alternative host.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks Ben lets hope its stable---luckily everybody had the info needed to attend the social this weekend. Thank goodness for Facebook. cheers mike

Thanks for your hard work in managing the site Ben; these things are out of your control, but looking for an alternative host seems wise.
With the database backup from last Thursday, that also includes Private Messages, both sent and received it would seem.

Posting options (editing own posts) !!

Hi Ben,

Please can you re-enable my ability to edit my own posts - I have PM'd and posted this request earlier. My inability to edit my own posts happened prior to this weekends crash.

Also....I will drop you a PM tonight regarding the server I provided back in Jan 2011.

Thanks

Jeff

Ben - hopefully my modest donation may go a little towards the cost of a new server if necessary. Thanks again for your efforts.

Sod's law that there would be hosting issues just as a get my first A2 and need advice more than ever!

An outage like this must have been a pretty appalling effort on the part of the hosting company - might I suggest something like Amazon's EC2 cloud system or equivalent? Not sure of the pricing, but I'm told that the reliability/scaleability is very impressive

At last I've managed to find my way back in to view - the New Posts buttons seem to take me nowhere though - they used to provide my evening reading!

Thank you.

Good to have you back. (Where were you when I thought I needed you) Brake pad warnng light on (new discs and pads 2k ago) Turned out to be nothing more than a broken pad sensor wire relaced foc as my man thought his boy probably damaged it fitting it. Phew what a relief. Can now see how warm it is at the mo. 22.5 y'day but 2 this am. That should do the magnolias in. Cheers Colin

Hi Jeff - see my PM. There is a reason for this.

Ben

Ben,

Thanks - Have read the PM and understand.

If there's anything I can do to help with the hosting issues please let me know - I'll drop you an email in case you've not got my address.

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I'm still battling with our current host - but considering leaving them.

Sadly since my work relocated - I no longer have the option to host the site in-house - hence we are at the mercy of the commercial sector. I've had some good recommendations of an alternative provider - but we're obviously happy to receive any other offers of help.

Thanks again,

Ben

Ben,

Thanks - Have read the PM and understand.

If there's anything I can do to help with the hosting issues please let me know - I'll drop you an email in case you've not got my address.

Cheers

Jeff

At last! i can get my A2OC fix! thanks Ben for sorting out what must have been a nightmare for a few days. I won't 'do' facebook so was beginning to get withdrawal symptons.

The battle continues. I currently have no access to the server itself - so cannot even get a backup of the last 3 days posts...

Back