Slightly Juddery Acceleration?

Kleynie

A2OC Donor
Hi all,
I've been driving Uma a lot recently, doing about 40 miles a day. I've had this problem since I got the car, however, It's never really bothered me. Today especially, but also since I've been driving her more, I have noticed that the problem has become increasingly worse. The problem I'm having is that when I accelerate without dropping a gear (for example 20mph-30mph in 2nd gear), the car shakes a bit, almost as if the throttle body is stuck, but frees itself. I have recently cleaned the throttle body, as well as oiling it for lubrication, so I am doubtful that this is the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,

Adam

If it's a 1.4i then this sounds a bit like ours was before the misfire became serious last week. Have replaced the injectors with cleaned / serviced ones, and (having done new Bosch plugs and leads last year), just found that the original coil had several hairline cracks in the casing that may have been compromising the spark - a new one seems to have knocked the problem on the head.

TLDR - have a look at your coil (especially on the underside / behind the casing - you can't see damage unless it is unscrewed). Good luck!

Same here, pulling without dropping a gear: light juddering......... till last week; heavy vibrations, and more on incline/slope on motorway! No juddering when driving a constant speed or very light throttle.

Oh dear, maybe the oil pump/balance chain is on it's way out (got a 1.4 tdi AMF) was my first reaction.
But after some research it has to be the inboard cv joint(s), and imagine could be also applicable to petrol cars.
Sometimes it's there, then it goes away for a couple of miles...... Have ordered new inboard cv's and still waiting for them to arrive.

Last edited:
Back