Solar iBoost - Solar Water Heating without a Solar Water Heater

G

Guest 4123

If you have solar PV panels at home and are exporting excess power to the grid for little reward, here's a solution. Installed between the immersion heater and the isolation switch, the IBoost will direct any excess to your immersion heater. Any excess is detected by a sensor clamped to the live connection between the meter and the consumer unit.

100_1564.JPG

This is the control unit. It must be located within 3m of the immersion heater (because the connection to the immersion heater is DC).

100_1565.JPG

The two communicate by wireless. There is also a wireless display unit available - not essential but it tells you what's going on. The instructions tell you that it should be installed by a qualified electrician but if you can wire a plug, you can install this.

100_1563.JPG

RAB

How are you getting on with the electric cars?
Couldn't recommend them more highly! Once you've driven an electric car, there's no going back. I'll be off to SW France in a few weeks time in the ID.3, so with ACC, I won't be picking up any speeding tickets this time!

RAB

Couldn't recommend them more highly! Once you've driven an electric car, there's no going back. I'll be off to SW France in a few weeks time in the ID.3, so with ACC, I won't be picking up any speeding tickets this time!

RAB
An ID3 was gunning for the lights whilst I was walking the dog..... it was very quick?

An ID3 was gunning for the lights whilst I was walking the dog..... it was very quick?
Yes, even in Eco mode, the performance is ridiculous. If I hadn't bought an ex-demonstrator, I would have chosen the lower power motor and saved myself about a grand!

RAB

I got my parents an iboost for their 6kw system (with battery). In summer their gas boiler never turns on. It’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back