Spanner meeting in Central Scotland.

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
Finally spoken to the garage owner regarding the use of space and lifts. He has agreed in principle to us using the place on a Saturday. The German forum A2-freun.de was the inspiration behind this. I gather they use this as a knowledge and skill sharing process whereby owners that can assist help those who are wishing to learn.
Initially, I'm looking for a show of hands from those interested in attending (located in Hamilton) along with an indication of what you are trying to fix and what experience you have.
I'll have VCDS available along with various tools, we may also have tire changing and balancing (though there would be a charge for this).
Any interest?

I know something if you can pull this off I will definitely attend

This would be my dream social???

I have a driver's door that I need to swap (and another that I need to dismantle, re-mantle, and swap on another car), but finding time on a Saturday for the next few weeks is going to be iffy, especially in this weather.

I have a driver's door that I need to swap (and another that I need to dismantle, re-mantle, and swap on another car), but finding time on a Saturday for the next few weeks is going to be iffy, especially in this weather.
The garage in question has three two post lifts, a drive on four poster and space for an additional five ish vehicles. I'm not really expecting this to happen before Christmas, though it's going to be cold for another month or five. ;)

I can do doors. In fact I have a video I need to publish on it. (reminds me of Billy and Jonny if you remember the show)

Oooh! Sounds ace!

I’ve been looking for a while for places that would rent ramps but it seems to be a no go!

Jobs on the wish list? I’d love to refit some heat shielding and underside stuff. I also do need to swap a Webasto at some point. I also have a Votex kit to fit.

I’m about as useless a mechanic as you might find but I’m gradually trying to improve. I’ve been practicing on a VW Camper for the past year. As a consequence I have some really long breaker bars now... and a MAPP blow torch.

If this goes ahead I’d love to just come along and see people and chat cars. It’s been ages since the Glasgow transport museum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interested in this spanner idea, I am just down the 74 from Hamilton, (A2 1.4 tdi) On Sorn at the moment

I've just moved here (Edinburgh) and at present nothing needs doing on my Tdi 75 but that might have changed in the new year. In which case I will be interested. I'm not much or a mechanic.
Incidentally does a forum member have a white A2 in central Edinburgh? I thought white A2s were very rare.

I've just moved here (Edinburgh) and at present nothing needs doing on my Tdi 75 but that might have changed in the new year. In which case I will be interested. I'm not much or a mechanic.
Incidentally does a forum member have a white A2 in central Edinburgh? I thought white A2s were very rare.
Yes there's an owned since new white FSI in Edinburgh. Never seen the car but @timmus has worked on it. Has yellow leather too apparently.

Looks like there's enough interest to get going. Anyone want to try for a date in early December?
Go for it but i can't attend fella. Eldest daughters birthday on 3rd so lots on. If you go for it can i suggest you check with the owners of the premises how insurance cover will be applied. Sorry to be an old bore but if amateurs are being let loose on lifting equipment it's worthy of knowing the detail. ?

Go for it but i can't attend fella. Eldest daughters birthday on 3rd so lots on. If you go for it can i suggest you check with the owners of the premises how insurance cover will be applied. Sorry to be an old bore but if amateurs are being let loose on lifting equipment it's worthy of knowing the detail. ?
There's nowt boring about staying safe. I hear many complaints about health and safety gone nuts though many more people make it home after a day at work than the old days.
The garage owner isn't the sort to let people loose on his (new)lifting equipment (that I've just connected).

If there's anyone attending that knows their way around a Webasto I would like to get mine working (it has never worked as long as I have had the car - from 30,000 miles). In the Summer I was told that I would need a new glowplug/pin which I would get in advance. Thinking more about doing it now the cold weather has set in.
I rarely use the spanners myself any more but think that I am OK with them and can usually fix stuff if I put my mind to it.

Back