Spotted in Ipswich

Jimmyd

Black A2 at a distance crossing junction on Hadleigh Rs by Sainsbury's. Driven by a lady.

First I have seen locally for a while.

I often go to Ipswich on Wednesdays with my work in my FSI. Its merlot pearlescent 108k with FSH and might be up for sale once I can fix the EML problem! Dash buttons as new and thousands spent over the last six years. James.

Hi James, I work in Ipswich also, i’ll keep a look out for you, was thinking of the tdi as an option but do let me know when the time comes. Jim

I often go to Ipswich on Wednesdays with my work in my FSI. Its merlot pearlescent 108k with FSH and might be up for sale once I can fix the EML problem! Dash buttons as new and thousands spent over the last six years. James.
Do you know what the issue is? I've finally managed to get mine extinguished after 2 and a half years. Yelverton garage on the A140 are very good. If you are able to travel to Norwich, VAS Autos are fab. Mark was very persistent with mine and always very reasonable

It has the eml code P1031 and have been told it could be several things. Even with a full Audi diagnostic at £120, it still only comes up as one of four faults. The throttle body/flap unit I have been quoted as original part of £572 plus vat and even then that might not put the light out. Car running fine and just the fact that the light is on!

My other A2 a truly immaculate TDI is two previous owners, 72k. Extensive service history, every bill and MOT. As new heating control buttons. Refurbished powder coated wheels with vredestein tyres only done 1000 miles. Its a akoya silver TDI sport and has also had new rear tailgate struts. Took three years to find and never seen a better one. Would be looking for £3400.

It has the eml code P1031 and have been told it could be several things. Even with a full Audi diagnostic at £120, it still only comes up as one of four faults. The throttle body/flap unit I have been quoted as original part of £572 plus vat and even then that might not put the light out. Car running fine and just the fact that the light is on!
Hi if the only code showing is P0131 the lower intake manifold actuator rod has broken:):(

This is a very common problem with the 1.6 FSI’S

Me and many members have noticed more power round the 3000RPM range when we have replaced the lower intake manifold :)

I believe @A2Steve has a lower intake manifold still available for £100 :)

If the only code on the car is P0131 (intake manifold limit not reached) I advise buying the manifold from Steve if still for sale and get your mechanic to fit the new one please make sure he uses genuine Audi gaskets when he puts it back together otherwise you will get air leaks :) and after that your EML should go out

Thanks for the advice there but I think I will just run it into the ground and scrap it as I am not prepared to spend any more on the car anymore. Has cost a small fortune in my six years ownership and have never spent so much on a car. Shame as its truly great condition and better than most I have seen. Its probably worth max £700 so could sell if somebody wanted to fix it?

Thanks for the advice there but I think I will just run it into the ground and scrap it as I am not prepared to spend any more on the car anymore. Has cost a small fortune in my six years ownership and have never spent so much on a car. Shame as its truly great condition and better than most I have seen. Its probably worth max £700 so could sell if somebody wanted to fix it?
How much is a small fortune ? ?

Since December I’ve spent £1400 on Boris

And now I probably need to get rid of him because I’m planning on buying Storm and I have no more room on the drive :( :)

Well over £3000 in five years including cam belt changes, suspension, brakes, death pipe, electrical problems, new boot lock, various sensors, coil packs, and other items.

Do you know what the issue is? I've finally managed to get mine extinguished after 2 and a half years. Yelverton garage on the A140 are very good. If you are able to travel to Norwich, VAS Autos are fab. Mark was very persistent with mine and always very reasonable

Well over £3000 in five years including cam belt changes, suspension, brakes, death pipe, electrical problems, new boot lock, various sensors, coil packs, and other items.
I can understand the frustration. Replacing the manifold fixed mine and I went for a new one as I plan in keeping the car so it was expensive. Absolutely stunning to drive now though. It will pay for itself in the improved fuel economy . I was getting to the end of my tether with it, but then worked out how much I lost on depreciation on my previous car (Yaris) and realised that although I didnt have to spend anything on it in the 3 years i owned it, i lost £8k on depreciation!
I've got myself a VCDS so I can check codes and reset the light if it comes on now.

Hi Teresa and thanks for your message. Could you please let me know what the problem with your eml code was in the end and how much was it to fix? Thanks James.
I can understand the frustration. Replacing the manifold fixed mine and I went for a new one as I plan in keeping the car so it was expensive. Absolutely stunning to drive now though. It will pay for itself in the improved fuel economy . I was getting to the end of my tether with it, but then worked out how much I lost on depreciation on my previous car (Yaris) and realised that although I didnt have to spend anything on it in the 3 years i owned it, i lost £8k on depreciation!
I've got myself a VCDS so I can check codes and reset the light if it comes on now.

Hi Teresa and thank you for that last message. So how much did it cost in the end to have the job done in the end? My limit would be £600 but have been quoted that for the part alone? Thanks James.

It was just over £1,000, although just under half of that was labour and I had sone other parts. The bits I had were manifold valve, vacuum unit, manifold sensor, breather unit, inlet manifold fuel rail (£383, plus vat) and some gaskets/seals. So it would be well out of your budget I think. I did say that I wanted all new parts though, so I'm not sure if it would be cheaper without so many parts?

Back