Squib part from TDI to petrol car does it matter as long the part number is same?

Wonder Clare

Hi all I am from IRL own a Audi A2 2004 1.4 petrol my squib have broke so just wondering if I can put a TDI squib 2000-2005 but it have same part number into my before I go ahead and other use parts for the car is old so I don't wanna spend a fortune on parts please help me

If the 7zap diagram says that they use the same part number then it is the same part, whether it is a 1.4i, a tdi etc.

If you don't already know, 7zap is https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a2/a2/2004-248/

and you should be able to locate a parts diagram for the piece in question there somewhere and then trace the component number ; this will in turn enable one to source a part, whether here, or on Ebay or online etc.

I don't have a clue what a squib is, mind you, so I help without a bit more info.

Can you be a bit more specific (ie - does it have a proper part name other than 'squib'?). If in doubt, can you post a photo or a few photos of the object, showing any part numbers stamped into the component so that we can look it up properly?

Hi wonder Clare,You should be able to use the slip ring.But you will need to get the new slip ring coded to your car.I also had this done,in my case the new slip ring came from a petrol car,so the opposite should work.The part number was the same but still needed to be coded to work.

Martin

Hi wonder Clare,You should be able to use the slip ring.But you will need to get the new slip ring coded to your car.I also had this done,in my case the new slip ring came from a petrol car,so the opposite should work.The part number was the same but still needed to be coded to work.

Martin
Aww thanks I just ordered the part so will wait and see hopefully it will work will let you know how it get on

Back