ST sports suspension

Has anybody tried st springs and shocks. 1.4 petrol
I’ve had ST X (By KW) Coilover kit fitted to my TDI90 for about 3 years and it’s been a joy to drive, it totally transformed the car - definitely worth the extra spend over cheaper kits if that’s what your enquiry is relating to. Even though I’m running my car very low by most people’s standards the ride is smoother and less crashy than the stock set up that came off the car.

What ST parts/kits are you looking at?

Kennedy.

Sorry , pressed wrong button. I have SE 1.4. I'm tempted to get the coils now. Hoping someone had experience with the sports kit.
Many thanks

If it’s the same manufacturer as the ST kit I have on my car (You would assume so) then I can definitely vouch for the quality, they’ve been great.

As I understand it the inserts/dampers are the same as those in the KW suspension kits only the ST stuff doesn’t have stainless struts/housings and is the cheaper choice but will still deliver very good KW comparable performance.

However, I’ve not experienced being in a car with the ST sport kit you mention so probably can’t comment any further on that. Hopefully someone else will be along to comment shortly.

Kennedy.

Following my last post. Iv had the ST sports kit ( springs and shocks fitted. The car rides ok, it's only week two ,so needs more time to settle. Unfortunately the front is higher by about a inch and a half. Does anybody have any solid answers to this?. Also had Zimmerman brake kit fitted all round.

Back