Stereo fault

Fishman

A2OC Donor
My Concert head unit illuminates like this but no sound is produced.
The DIS informs me that the radio is playing and also is appears to have presents, so it is kicking (sort of).
I have tried disconnecting it for 30mins and re-connecting to no avail.

Is it faulty?
IMG_2141.jpgIMG_2143.jpg

@Fishman Does it also do the same while playing a CD? As you have the stereo out of the car, disconnect the wiring connectors and the aerial from the rear. Take the radio inside the house and turn it round so you are looking from the rear. At the front - now furthest away from you - around the edge you will find some small screws, they hold the front panel to the radio, remove all the outer ones making sure not to lose any then lift the front panel off the radio by unclipping the blac plastic where it overlaps the metal case. Blow out the little connector block on the radio and the matching half on the front panel. Reassemble the front panel making sure the connector joins square as you clip the plastic back over the case, refit the screws, refit the aerial and wiring blocks to the rear and try the radio. If now ok refit into the dash.

I dont want to keep it.
I might see if I can breathe some life back into it and sell it. Its not got too much wear on the front which is quite nice.

I do like the OEM look, in the past i added the bluetooth module to the touchscreen system fitted in my Skoda..... I hated it, it was good for the phone for calls but anything besides it was quite horrid, the GUI was clunky and I really didnt enjoy it at all. To the extent that I installed a double DIN Pioneer DAB+, CD, Bluetooth head unit and it works really nice. I like the A2DP features of a newer headunit. I'd like something that can play any music off my phone irrespective of what app I'm using.

My A2 doesnt have BOSE so is underendowed already, I dont feel that I'm really commiting a high level of sacrelige. Should I hang my head in shame?

?

Not at all
I fitted a pioneer touch screen satnav unit in to my A2. Much care was used in the selection of the right head unit to make it look as oem as possible. I am totally pleased with the outcome both in terms of looks and functionality
It as the look of a more modern rns unit even down to the red illumination of the head unit and the boot up screen with the Audi four rings with Small A2 logo in the corner

A custom laser cut fascia is needed to finish the oem look as is a mounting kit

I have the fascia cutting service and the mounting set available should you need them for the double din dash

Just please don’t fit a chrome and blue led fronted head unit as it will certainly not be in keeping with the A2 understated but classy interior - for that crime you will be far and feathered

Paul

In the first instance I was looking to fit a single DIN. The car needs a few bits addressing as I’ve only had it a few days and I’m not able to afford the time to get the double DIN looking right...

I have found a Kenwood with red illumination, it is understated and doesn’t look like Blackpool illuminations! I don’t know whether to use the rear amp with this new head unit or to drive the rear speakers directly from the HU.

Back