Suspension Squeak

Kleynie

A2OC Donor
Hi all,
We took it upon ourselves to change the entirety of the front suspension this weekend, and all was well but it failed to get rid of an obnoxious squeak from the front nearside, which I hoped would go away with the new suspension. We've lubricated the ARB bushes and this has done nothing. Just for context, the shocks, springs, top mounts, bearings, suspension arms and suspension arm bushes are all new, so it's none of them.
Thanks,

Adam

The top corners of the bonnet are known as source of 'orrible noises. Try pressing the top near side corner firmly with palm of your hand in a pumping action and listen if the squeak appears.

Andy

The top corners of the bonnet are known as source of 'orrible noises. Try pressing the top near side corner firmly with palm of your hand in a pumping action and listen if the squeak appears.

Andy
Andy,
Is there anything that can be done if this is the case?

Andy,
Is there anything that can be done if this is the case?
Don't jump the gun investigate first. No big deal if it turns out to be the case, guide channel is worn, replace, not expensive under £20? from Audi. I have a memory that a member cured their noise by packing with thin (credit card) wedges, sorry can't remember the details.

Andy

So today, I have narrowed down the problem. I had the bonnet off and I then bounced the front end, it seems to be coming from under the bonnet, maybe engine mounts? Or something else?
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Adam

Last edited:
So today, I have narrowed down the problem. I had the bonnet off and I then bounced the front end, it seems to be coming from inside the bonnet, maybe engine mounts? Or something else?
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Adam
'Inside the bonnet, maybe engine mounts'?????? - Andy

Last edited:
Back